New Member with Questions

mlogue

Reaction score
Hello all,

New member in Colorado. I don't have an SN95, but my son does. I don't think it's running at the moment, but I've started thinking that with some attention and money, I could turn it into something nice.

So, my questions are as follows:

1. Engine - I know his car has the 3.8 V6 with the automatic. How much, in general, would I be looking at to convert it to a V8 with a stick shift? I'm not looking for a huge amount of power, just something that will sound nice.
2. Suspension/Wheels/Tires - again, not looking to run autocross, but rather a nice Sunday drive into the mountains.
3. Interior - do I need to worry about this? I'm sure it could stand to be cleaned, but should I consider replacing anything?

For the record, I wouldn't be doing this work myself (I am so not mechanically inclined), and I know I could probably spend 10's of 1000's of dollars on this - ideally, I'd like to avoid that, but neither to I want to pinch pennies and cut corners.

Any and all advice and feedback are welcome.

Oh, one last thing - the car is in CA.

OP
OP
M

mlogue

Reaction score
Yeah, but would that give it the same exhaust note as a V8?

badass98svt

Reaction score
No, but it would be faster than a stock pushrod 5.0 or 4.6, and cheaper too I bet

badass98svt

Reaction score
Pushrod 5.0 plus flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers is what you want then. But don't forget the 8.8 rear end too

OP
OP
M

mlogue

Reaction score
@badass98svt - yeah, I saw something about that in the research I've done.

Stick with the automatic, or swap out a stick shift?

badass98svt

Reaction score
I don't think the v8 and V6 share the same bell housing, so you'd need a new trans I think. A new bell housing at a minimum

The auto in your car was one reason I suggested a turbo kit rather than a V8

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online