Mbcvisalia

Reaction score
New to the forum and to sn95s. I just got a 98gt. Has an npi bottom end with 03 pi heads and Cushman stage 1 cams, bbk shorty headers and off road x pipe. Was told it just has a base tune. Has a hanging idle and seems pretty slow at this point. Trying to find a good way to tune it. I was looking for ways without having to pay a tuner every time I change something. So far I have seen a lot of people using the sct tuner but I was also looking at switching to a Carb style manifold and using the sniper fuel system or the mean street setup. Anyone have any insight? Also looking to find out if an 05 intake manifold will fit 03 heads (easier to find a carb style manifold for the 05)

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Your hanging idle is likely IAC valve related. You can shoot carb cleaner in it, work the plunger around and that may help. If not, you can try the IAC restrictor mod and it will most likely solve the issue.

If you want to go Holley do yourself a favor and go with HP, Dominator or one of the Terminator X setups. The Sniper is very problematic and we have several guys here that can help get you going with Holley EFI, myself included.

You shouldn’t have any problems finding the intake you want for that 2003. @lwarrior1016 can even show you how to hide your coil packs under one.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are a few of us running holley efi and been happy with it. We also have another member that was part of the megasquirt program that sometimes stops through. I would not let $$$ be the deciding factor on tuning. Wait till you can do it right or you might end up doing it twice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online