New member first cobra

Doorman

Reaction score
New member in central ny. I unknowingly posted a picture of my car in a thread that is not for chatting so I’m posting it here. I’m asking again if someone sees this car originating from Tennessee which I bought here in ny and knows anything about it to please comment or message me. There has been a couple of comments about the flames. I don’t particularly like them and have this scheduled to be painted all white again in the spring. I seems a mix some people like them some don’t. I work as a field technician repairing automated doors. I bought the cobra just this year in may. I’m having fun playing with it. I do have a long list of things to change or tweak in one way or another. So hello to you all. IMG_1576.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I really don’t like flames, but for some reason I like it on your car. It’s different and the contrast of the red and white is neat. I think that’s a nice looking car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I normally do not like them myself but those have some taste to the shape and the color is nice. I think rather than painting over it I would consider adding a thin black pinstrip between the colors or maybe some shading to the flames to give them a little more 3d look. You can always test the pinstripe idea with some vinyl tape.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! I, too, feel the same about the flames. I’m usually not a huge fan, but those are nicely done and look proper on your car, IMHO…especially with that cowl hood.

Welcome to The Forum!

nc94GT

Reaction score
Hi, welcome. What other plans do you have for the car?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm not usually a fan of flames either but, IMO, I don't think they look bad on your car. Main thing is do you like them? If you do - cool. If not, then back to Crystal White (ZR ;)) or whatever color you want and rock on! FYI, I'm kinda fond of the Crystal White :). Welcome.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I too like the flames. Very tasteful compared to other flame paint jobs. Someone had an eye for it.

I nominate we convince you into a build thread! This way we can see your cars progress.

OP
OP
Doorman

Doorman

Reaction score
I like all the suggestions. Sorry to say the flames have grown on me some however I still plan to go back to all white. I’m on vacation next week and plan to have my exhaust looked at to see what can be done to make it right. My exhaust currently has 3 inch pipes going under my rear axle . Needless to say I scrape constantly. I will also be getting an oil change and dipstick installed as it doesn’t currently have one. It has a canton oil pan with its own bung for a threaded tube. Other plans are to do something with the seats, it has some racing seats that I don’t fit in well. I will be looking hard at the suspension to see what might be worn or is unwanted an example would be if the previous owner cut the springs to lower the car or something similar. I want to have a decent ride quality or better than current. New valve covers. My car has an ATK crate engine with throttle body injection. The supplied valve covers are not great. I need to get the fog lights running along with the instrument display. Get a black A pillar plastic, mine has gauge pods containing oil pressure and coolant temperature which I want to move to the dash pod that’s not being used where others would see a clock. Not sure I can boost this engine but I would really like a set of good heads. This makes 300hp from ATK but with the supplied cam I believe a set of heads will improve power significantly. Oh I probably will change out the wheels too. I’m undecided on which wheels to go with but I have seen some I like. Car has 315s out back and 275s up front, they are new. It’s a blast to drive as you all know from your own experiences. The sound is incredible. Oh whoever had the flames painted was very proud of them and had all of them surrounded in black had painted pin stripping, I can only imagine how much work that was.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
3” exhaust pipes going UNDER the rear axle? That’s nuts.

And just out of curiosity, what racing seats are you looking to get rid of?? We can take this offline via messaging if you prefer!

OP
OP
Doorman

Doorman

Reaction score
Yeah under. When it was on the lift for new tires we saw it actually touching the sway bar. I will have to snap a picture of the seats don’t recall what they are. Probably nothing to exciting.

OP
OP
Doorman

Doorman

Reaction score
This is a picture of my seat I took to remember the name to look up. I didn’t find anything. IMG_1466.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online