New Paint Job Tomorrow!

eman11500

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've posted a few times on here before and i'm back yet again for some help.. But this time for opinions! I have a 97 mustang gt that's black and the paint is pretty bad. I'm going to get it painted tomorrow and I was wondering what you guys would recommend. I'm going to definitely keep it black for budget purposes. Is there a certain shade I should get? Possibly a matte instead of gloss?

My car.
DSC_0171_zps52e2ba63.jpg

Oh yeah, and here's what this paint shop did to my last car for me.
2012-10-08152507.jpg

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
That's totally up to you. Our good friend [MENTION=8033]Suspect[/MENTION] has the meanest looking matte black on the forum, so that would definitely be my inspiration. But a nice jet black always looks damn good too man. It really depends on what you want. But beware, a matte finish is going to show every little dent and imperfection, over a gloss black

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Matte looks wicked.. But you can't beat a fresh jet black or tuxedo black. Gloss is my vote.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just don't do a stock Ford black. It has brown in it, and next to a more pure black the stock color looks like ass.

I'm pretty sure Suspects car is a satin black and not a matt black

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Gloss black and I give my vote for not using a Ford color.

I'd rather see the reflections in the paint. Maybe through a metallic in there?

OP
OP
E

eman11500

Reaction score
I love all of your opinions guys, but I'm not getting the door panels and engine bay repainted so I decided to go OEM. I'll have it by next week and you better expect pictures!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Non ford black isn't different enough from true black to sway you from changing the color.

188slo50

Reaction score
Yea just tell the painter to use straight black toner, youll never notice a difference in the jambs or under hood cause its far enough to break u the transition.

FrankenStang

Reaction score
I think matte or what ever its called is ugly, why not just get gloss and not wash it then? lol, imo get gloss.... nothing like a nice true high shine.

OP
OP
E

eman11500

Reaction score
Hahaha everyone is telling me to go every which way with this :laughing5:. Well It's getting done now and I should have my car by next week! :tongue8:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online