New system

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just got my friends old system for a good price. It is 1 JL 12in sub(W-0) and a JL 250/1 amp, installing tonight as soon as i get out of work. Right now the box it is in will only fit with the sub firing up. Any thoughts/concerns about that? Ill take some pics when I install it.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Its all about what sound best. I have a Punch Phase 3 12. You would think it would beat if turned towards the trunk. It actually sounds a lot better facing foward (front of the car).

Spyder

Reaction score
I used to have (2) jl 12w0's. I still have them, but the box wont fit with my rear strut tower brace. Anyways, i love the hell out of those subs. They are some of the most underrated subs jl has come out with. My plans are to fiberglass them separately in each corner of the trunk, like by the filler neck and the opposite corner. Honestly, i dont think it really makes a huge difference in which way they are facing, the ammount of bass that will put out compared to stock will be so nice you wont really care. at least i wouldnt, but thats just my $.02

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have had it in for a couple nights now and it sounds awesome. I dont need anything louder than that. It hits a lot clearer than I thought it was going to as well. Im very impressed.

Spyder

Reaction score
Just a quick question, is the box sealed, ported, bandbass?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Have one of those Q Logic ready made boxes that can be Ported or sealed....With all the systems Ive had Ive always believed in sealed boxes, however i have this one sealed and it pounds! Ive never had it sealed so i really cant compare the two.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online