New to community and mustangsz

Mustangwayne2000

Reaction score
Picked up my first New edge 2000 GT convertible a couple weeks ago. Got my parts just starting to come in. Im in auto mechanics classes and my teacher is letting me bring it in to work on there were there is everything you can imagine as far as tools to work on. However theres no dyno. Im already in love with the thing. Need body , bumpers and headlights and interior done first. The engine sounds great it has 201,000 mile and still has the plastic intake so Im changing that out first thing. I look foward to pickin yalls brains on how to go about this. I’m also changing the top to black. That tan is awful. Got lowering springs and shocks new steering wheel and a short shifter. Next month buying exhaust. I’ll keep posted.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 10

badass98svt

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Mind if I ask how much you paid?

OP
OP
Mustangwayne2000

Mustangwayne2000

Reaction score
I know I might’ve over paid a little. I still had plenty leftover in my budget but Im pretty excited though the next few months are gonna be sweet. And they’re so easy to work on. For me theres plenty of room.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent! Have a blast with it, Wayne. And welcome to The Herd. FWIW, I’d put the interior and roof projects on the back burner and concentrate on “go fast” and handling upgrades first. But that’s just my (unsolicited) $.02 !

And yes, please do keep us updated! Cheers!

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
The intake might not be something you need to mess with. It very likely has the version with the aluminum water crossover. If it does, you'll gain exactly nothing by swapping it out. If it has a plastic water crossover, upgrade to the more recent version. A metal intake manifold isn't going to be any better. They really went pretty far in optimizing the intake manifold for the RPM range that 2v engines operate in. I guess you could do a Bullit manifold but all that does is add 20lbs to the front end.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Welcome! my last 02 gt had parchment interior too. I didn’t like it initially but it grew on me. I miss that car.

As others have said skip the intake. There aren’t any that match the oem intakes powerband, which is a shame. But as long as it’s not broken don’t fix it lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online