newb here

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^white valve covers? looks cool! painted or powder coated?

Locomoco

Reaction score
yes it is a 98 and yes it is boosted... fully reppin sofla..
white 98 gt with cobra swap
5.4 built to the teeth, billet this forged that.
83 mm custom fabbed turbo kit
turbo400 with brake
a little giggle gas for the zo6's.. theres some fast ones round these here parts.
what else you wish to know? no secrets here.
heres a quick vid of old setups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdtjGJ6qr8&feature=plcp

Your link don't work and welcome

OP
OP
boosted98

boosted98

Reaction score
^white valve covers? looks cool! painted or powder coated?
valve covers as well as alt were painted. Worst mistake ive made.. The clear cooked n turned yellow. Eeeechhhh.. But im planing on getting me some polished ones. So its all good.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might laugh at me but I used plastic textured outdoor furniture paint for my valve covers and they turned out great, no problems yet. Stuff sticks like crazy and is super durable.

7145936197_f2b9520650_b.jpg

6999850004_08a95a24b8_h.jpg

Painting valve covers is touchy, I wouldnt use typical paint/ clear which is why I chose this stuff.

OP
OP
boosted98

boosted98

Reaction score
Looks good. Im always down for doing it on the cheap side, were I can.. But since im going to a standalone ecu and cop's... Ill just get a set from a 98 lincoln mk viii n sand n polish the crap out of them. Lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks good. Im always down for doing it on the cheap side, were I can.. But since im going to a standalone ecu and cop's... Ill just get a set from a 98 lincoln mk viii n sand n polish the crap out of them. Lol

Good luck, polishing is lots of work lol.

It was easy, 6 or 7 dollar can of paint, some 220 grit sand paper and goo gone.

sams98gt

Reaction score
polished valve covers look great! just alot of hardcore sanding and then hardcore polishing! but when you do this make a thread because i too want polished valve covers cheap, lol

OP
OP
boosted98

boosted98

Reaction score
Good luck, polishing is lots of work lol.

It was easy, 6 or 7 dollar can of paint, some 220 grit sand paper and goo gone.
ohh , yee of small patience.. I polished my sullivan intake. Only took me a week of sore finger tips to do it to a mirror shine. I can literaly shave of off the reflection.. Valve covers I may just chemicaly remove the paint sand blast them n have a company chrome them. Not sure yet on wich route to take on them. My alternator is chrome plated n looks badass. If I do decide to polish I will take plenty of pics n do a writeup on it. But I can guarantee if you dont have tons of patience, its not for you.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
ohh , yee of small patience.. I polished my sullivan intake. Only took me a week of sore finger tips to do it to a mirror shine. I can literaly shave of off the reflection.. Valve covers I may just chemicaly remove the paint sand blast them n have a company chrome them. Not sure yet on wich route to take on them. My alternator is chrome plated n looks badass. If I do decide to polish I will take plenty of pics n do a writeup on it. But I can guarantee if you dont have tons of patience, its not for you.
polish them *****es!

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Nice, welcome guy, turbos are nice, and make good power..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
boosted98

boosted98

Reaction score
Anybody know of anyone using megasquirt on their modular engine on this forum. I have lots of questions.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
OP
OP
boosted98

boosted98

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks, but I already knew that. I have their latest n gratest. Its the ms2 with the upgraded ms3x board n all the harnesses n drivers to run coil on plug.. I just need a start up tune to get the ball rolling.... Base maps n stuff. Im going to start making my harness this weekend on a dummy engine I have sitting outside... I may just fiddle around with the auto tune function N see if it gives me what I need.

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Yeah analyzer live is pretty descent, just fill in your engine constants, fire pulses, and injector open time(pulse widths), after that the cranking and after start enrichment.. And your set..

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online