nitrous gods...

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
school me on the 5.0 with nitrous. i have a KB blower on my 5.0 with stock block stock internals, i want to run a small shot on my car to get an extra 50HP..should i go dry or wet..

i posted this in the garage but want 5.0 specific.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Thats a tough one in your case....

My first instinct is to tell you dry shot for three reasons.

1) You want to run a small shot
2) You'll be spraying THROUGH the blower so you won't be spraying fuel through the twin screws with a dry shot.
3) Its a cheaper kit all around

BUT at the same time, I would say you might want to stay away from it due to the fact that a dry shot (a proper dry kit) will send a slight spike of nitrous pressure to the fuel pressure regulator to up the fuel pressure at the injectors to compensate for the increased intake charge. This is how a dry kit "meters" its fuel. If you're running either A) an FMU or B) a boost reference fuel pressure regulator, this COULD cause more headaches that you really want.

NOW, I'm not expert on kenne belles by any means but if I were in YOU'RE shoes, I'd give Kenne Bell a call and talk to a tech rep and ask them if it is ok to spray a small 50 shot WET KIT (be sure you specify) across the "egg beaters" in your blower. If they say "yes" jump on a wet kit, follow the install insctructions and fucking RIDE OUT!

The only reason I'd be weary about running that wet kit across the blower is that blower was originally design to operate in a pretty much dry (when I say dry, I mean fuel free) enviroment. I'd be concerned with fuel maybe collecting on the blower fins themselves perhaps but that might be far fetched due to the high rpms the blades themselves turn and the close tolerances. What do it know....this is just me thinking out loud of WORST case scenarios. Like I said, CALL kenne bell and ask them. 03-04 cobra guys do it all the time but I'd verify to make sure its ok with your blower. They'll probably feed you a bunch of crap about the block....just reiterate the fact that your only concern is with the safety of the blower itself. The cool in the intake charge itself though will probably help out BIG time.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
It's completely fine to run a dry shot,in fact....most guys do it that way for additional cooling. I ran a 50 shot in my old 1.7 for over 5 years,and never had a problem. You could also do a wet kit,as long as it's not a large shot,....small amounts of fuel isn't a biggie. It's a huge kick in the pants too >:D The only thing that you can't do,is go larger than a 100 shot..... it affects the tolerances in the blower at peak rpms at certain boost levels. Nitrous,just like Methanol,won't harm the lobes coating,and when used for cooling....is completely safe. A lot of us old timers use to run it in conjuction with alky injection,for the more radical kb 5.0's. Don't get greedy,and you'll be fine.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
thanks guys how much will a 75 shot dry cost me for the kit? who makes it? So yall think it would actually be safe on my motor and now go BOOM BITCH? i was toying with the idea of instead of juice get a f303 cam and some new lifters...

ryclef331

Reaction score
I'd look on the classifieds over on corral.net. They are selling dry kits for CHEAP left and right. You should be able to pick up a used one for around 200 bucks. I'd go with the spray b/c its going to be EASIER, MORE POWER, AND CHEAPER in the long run. Cam install, you're going to have to figure in the cost of gaskets and the extra time for work. N20 is ALOT easier to put in.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I'd look on the classifieds over on corral.net. They are selling dry kits for CHEAP left and right. You should be able to pick up a used one for around 200 bucks. I'd go with the spray b/c its going to be EASIER, MORE POWER, AND CHEAPER in the long run. Cam install, you're going to have to figure in the cost of gaskets and the extra time for work. N20 is ALOT easier to put in.
x2 O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online