Not sure if im pinging or not.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Ok so I have never had a problem with pinging but just today when i was drving i got on and took it to about 4800 or 5000 in that area atleast. Anyways when i hit it and it got to those rpms i would here a noise that sounded kind of like a rattling sound for a couple seconds but would then stop. I have heard that it pining will sound like a bb's in a can. That is kind of what this sounded like but it would only do it for a second then stop. So I dont know if that is my problem or if it or if something might just be rattling, like my smog tube that goes to the midpipe. Any thoughts? I have recently replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, and cleaned the MAF. Also my temp guage in my car was on the R or between the R and M. When i popped my hood to check it out everything was pretty wram like i couldnt touch my throttle body or any engine parts, and my fender walls were pretty warm to the touch too, like you couldnt just rest your hand on it. My car wasnt driving bad tough the idle was smooth not surging or anyhting, and it drove just like normal.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Was it a really warm day? That will do it. You might have just gotten some bad gas also. Just remember when you hear it, LIFT OFF THE PEDDLE!

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah it was a pretty warm day out probably 90 or so maybe, i havent heard i since.

95-stang

Reaction score
True there's a lot of things can cause it, ignition too far advanced, excess carbon build up in the heads, poor fuel quality, and of course overheating.
Sounds like it was just the hot weather, something i wouldnt mind at the moment. ;)

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah im hoping it was just the weather. Im just going to try and avoid driving in the heat of the day like that, i try to anyways since i have my ac deleted and it pretty much sucks driving when its like 100 degrees out lol.

ripper

Reaction score
That def sounds like ping. Im with ryclef you got some bad gas. Dont beat it till you use it up and it will be fine.

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i had put like 10 bucks in gas in my car before it did hat and seeing how gas is like 3.50 a gallon i think it should be gone by now. I Put twenty bucks in last night and some lucas injector cleaner just for good cause i guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online