Oil everywhere ! Help

9D6snake

Reaction score
Took the car to work and made a couple hard pulls on the way there. Tires broke loose and banged off the rev limiter in second. Pulled into work smelled burning, popped the hood, oil everywhere under the hood and a nice puddle under the car. Took the car to the dyno he said he thinks it may be losing oil through the piston ring seals. However he also that the motor runs great which made me think the the rings are ok. He also said that there's oil coming out of everywhere in the engine. Oil is in the crank seal, the intake...everywhere. Last time I talked to him he was going to do a compression check and get back to me.

My question is what could cause oil to be blowing by everywhere in the engine and the engine still run great ? Could the seal in the supercharger be causing this ? Or head gasket ?

Thanks!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Is that particular unit feed oil from the oil pump? Then a return line would be used also. Perhaps a leak developed there.

Definitely clean the engine up like blackdemon007 stated.

OP
OP
9D6snake

9D6snake

Reaction score
The engine has been cleaned. Oil is delivered by the engine oil system. Compression test came back, all cylinders are 180 except two are 160 and 170. So none are dead just a little tired from 113,xxx miles. Leaky Head Gasket ?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Very possible a head gasket leak. Also any of the covers! Try to pin point were you see wet oil dripping

Sho Amo

Reaction score
Curious to find out your PCV setup. Boosting the crankcase?

Sho Amo

Reaction score
Head gaskets usually leak coolant internally. Piston rings will mostly give you smoke out of the exhaust.

If you are pressurizing your crankcase, it will find the weakest link (usually front or rear main seal) and blow oil out. First step after cleaning the engine would be to drive it and look for signs of any leaks.

GregT94SCC

Reaction score
I run a kb 2.1 and used to have the same problem. In my case it was the valve covers. Oil used to blow past the lower bolts all over the place under boost. I added some santoprene washers under the bolt heads and it got better. Once the engine was broken in it stopped entirely.

EVILSN

Reaction score
If your still running a factory PCV try switching to a catch can and see if that helps. Definitely sounds like your making to much crankcase pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using My dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online