one of those will these wheels work?'s

pgfdv6

Reaction score
hey guys so I wasn't quite ready to buy wheels for the stang yet but had a buddy of mine letting go of a set that I think look good. but my big question is will they fit....I know the bolt pattern is the same (5x114.3) but these wheels have an offset of +30.

I have read all over the internet and looked at several diagrams but for some reason I am just not comprehending the information when it comes to wheel fit meant and offset. so can anyone tell me if they will work for me?

I have 245/55/17 up front and 255/55/17 out back with a 1.5" drop in the front and an 1" in the rear. now being that these are 18's I'm worried about having to raise the car up seeing as how I don't have a lot of space between the top of the wheel and the fender the way it is now (maybe 3 finger gap)

here is a link to the wheels them self

https://jncwheels.com/products/copy-of-jnc001-black-chrome?variant=29066826822

thanks for the help in advance

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Plenty of guys have bigger drops with 18’s and no problems. Offset will be the question.

I generally avoid agreeing with white just for fun but he’s right. See if you can bolt one on.

Now you must excuse me while I go scrub my hands and phone as typing that I agreed with white has them feeling quite dirty.......... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Plenty of guys have bigger drops with 18’s and no problems. Offset will be the question.

I generally avoid agreeing with white just for fun but he’s right. See if you can bolt one on.

Now you must excuse me while I go scrub my hands and phone as typing that I agreed with white has them feeling quite dirty.......... :)

That’s not why you feel dirty :rofl:

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
So I was able to get my buddy to bring a wheel by the shop last night and put one on tried both front and back with no fitment issues

Here are the back mind you the car is sitting on the lift and is raised also the tires that are on the rims pictured are only 215/35/18 VS. 255 /55’s that were on before.

e4a4fd31829cd65d941abac1cf6dc13c.jpg

And here’s the fronts again same thing with the tires sizes
103183552f117a69b0f98b0916a79dda.jpg

I️ am a little worried tho it seems that wheels tuck in the wells a little bit but I️ figure with the right size tire that might change if not then I’ll start looking at spacers.

And am also wondering how wide in the back Can I go with tires since these are 8.5 wide?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those are extremely gold!!!

They could work tho if the car was setup right I think.

It’s like someone once told me with how crazy I modified my cars appearance. They said that if my car stayed stock then it was goofy but if it had the balls to back up the Wild appearance then it could be badass.

Same with those wheels. Lose the stripes on your car and give it some attitude and they could look great.

I don’t see why you couldn’t go 275-280 on the rear.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
So I was able to get my buddy to bring a wheel by the shop last night and put one on tried both front and back with no fitment issues

Here are the back mind you the car is sitting on the lift and is raised also the tires that are on the rims pictured are only 215/35/18 VS. 255 /55’s that were on before.

e4a4fd31829cd65d941abac1cf6dc13c.jpg

And here’s the fronts again same thing with the tires sizes
103183552f117a69b0f98b0916a79dda.jpg

I️ am a little worried tho it seems that wheels tuck in the wells a little bit but I️ figure with the right size tire that might change if not then I’ll start looking at spacers.

And am also wondering how wide in the back Can I go with tires since these are 8.5 wide?

Holy Fk those are gold!! The ideal size is 265/35-18 for 18x8.5” wheels. The +30 offset puts the mounting pad closer to the face of the wheel. That’s why, obviously, they’re “sunk in” further than standard SN95 wheels. If the pad has the space between the holes, you can use a spacer no problem.

Hubcentric only!!!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would think 275 might be a bit of a stretch. I think they look pretty good, but would need to see the rest of the car.

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Holy Fk those are gold!! The ideal size is 265/35-18 for 18x8.5†wheels. The +30 offset puts the mounting pad closer to the face of the wheel. That’s why, obviously, they’re “sunk in†further than standard SN95 wheels. If the pad has the space between the holes, you can use a spacer no problem.

Hubcentric only!!!

What exactly do you mean about the pad and spacing?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
The back side of the wheel where it mounts to the hub/rotor is mounting pad. If you look at that area, you should see big slots between the lug holes...you can use a spacer, if its just solid, you cant use a spacer. At least not a bolt on spacer, only a thin spacer. 1/4' or so

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
bolt in spacers are for thicker spacers and require the wheel to have small areas on the back to allow for the bolts to recess into.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online