Overheating Issue

ronis

Reaction score
My coolant bypass hose has ripped open I replaced the hose and still overheating. My thermostat is good and coolant levels is good also. Is there anything that I could look for to fix?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You likely have air trapped in the system. You need to burp the air out.

This may be insightful:

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
I also noticed I had no heat and the temp would be a little above with the rad cap off but once cap on and pressurized temps went up. I noticed it was wet on my firewall/passenger seat foot well. It makes me also think it is a heater core. Going to bypass the heater core tmrw to see if that was also another issue.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
I have two lines of some fluid underneath my dashboard on the firewall on the inside. No heat at all. Overheating before I changed the hose. I believe something with the heater core.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
I have my heater hoses looped right now. I took out the thermostat for now. New Lower/Upper Radiator Hoses New Coolant Bypass Hose. I burped the system. Only thing left for me to think of would be the radiator.

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
The problem was the radiator and I have changed it. running no thermostat for about a day until I can take off the water neck. Temps are good so far but in jersey so the weather isn’t really warm.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hey your figured it out! SWEET!

What type of radiator did you got with? Stock replacement of aftermarket?

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
I have two sn95 v6s one just for parts and ones the drift car. The parts one had a brand new one which i believe was replaced.

Pallgor

Reaction score
Sounds like there’s an air pocket. Common problem with todays motors. That’s why we use a pressurized coolant system to refill radiators at the shop

OP
OP
R

ronis

Reaction score
Sounds like there’s an air pocket. Common problem with todays motors. That’s why we use a pressurized coolant system to refill radiators at the shop
New Radiator fixed my problem threw the thermostat back in and all good.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
I have a 2000 v6. Near the front of the intake manifold is a screw in hex sided riser that connects some coolant lines. It has a screw in plug in the very top which is also the highest point in the cooling system. I replaced the plug with a radiator drain valve. Now when I add coolant, I crack open the valve to bleed all of the trapped air/steam out of the cooling system and then close the valve.

Pallgor

Reaction score
I had an Oldsmobile that had 3.5 ( if I remember) that I did cooling system work and it took me 3 try’s to finally bleed the air out through the bleeders

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah