P.I. Intake question

jpajkos

Reaction score
Hey guys Im going to be slowly doing the P.I. Swap on my car. Im going to start with an intake. My question is do I have do have P.I. heads when converting over to a P.I. Intake? If not is there a adapter I can buy? I was thinking about doing the intake for now then the cams and heads at the same time when I recoupe some extra cash. What brand should I go with? Any info of course is great thanks guys! :D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Thanks Dalmar! Your thread was awesome. Im thinking about ordering the P.I. intake kit but on there website it says for off road use only. Will this affect me here in CA? I have to be able to smog my car and I don't want to waste my money on a kit that will just cause me problems. Thanks for all your help Dalmar i really appreicate it.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, they're strict in CA i've heard.
If you're running cats, you should be fine.
I'd call them and ask about it.

97vertstang

Reaction score
that will be a hard one, but since ur just adding more air and making tha car leaner i would think it should pass.who knows though :dunno: ca sucks with smog laws so everything is pretty much illegal.

281powered

Reaction score
just for a little more info for you i did the pi intake swap on my npi heads and used the npi gaskets and a couple tiny dabbs of rtv sealent and it works pefectly, absoluty no problems with the car or the driveability after i did this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99