Paint scratch

757gt94

Reaction score
Im not sure where to post this but i fugured the details guy would know...
But i got home today an noticed somebody ran into my bumper an left...there is no dent just scratched it.im wondering what the best way to attept to fix it without getting a new bumper? i havent done anything to it yet.i figured id ask before i did anything that would make it worse
DSC04208.jpg

DSC04207.jpg

DSC04206.jpg

all help/suggestions are greatly appreciated,because im a college student that doesnt want to buy a new bumper

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
you wont need a new bumper, but you will need some paint. take it to a body shop and get a quote, it shouldnt be too bad.

Saint

Reaction score
Honestly that doesn't look like it scratched into the paint granted I'm not there to rub my finger over it to get a better idea

It looks like a simple paint swap.....Try buffing it....I bet it comes right off....As a test you could try rubbing your finger over it really fast to see if any of it rolls off

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
i would try wetsanding it with like 1200 grit first, then polish it back up, looks like some paint transfer, but you didnt lose any paint... you need to just get that stuff off of your paint and polish up.

sweet94GT

Reaction score
I had that happen in my wives car when a cement pillar jumped next to me, and rub all over my rear panel. Just a spray and a wash cloth took it right off. I wanna say an orange clean aerosol spray. I will find out from my pops and let you know

sweet94GT

Reaction score
So, its an orange aerosol adhesive remover spray. Link to come in a bit. Worked wonderful

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
or u can try acetone, it should be safe... test in a small area first though.

OP
OP
757gt94

757gt94

Reaction score
i wet sanded with 2000 grit.seems like it took the clear off.not necessarily happy without come but better than the wite on there.i can post pics later.its just dull black in the 2 spots

5.0kid

Reaction score
after the wet sanding, you need to polish it up with a polishing compound and it'll get that dullness out!

not sure what type of polishing compound to use though, wait till someone else chimes in.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
it really doesnt even matter, unless you do the whole car, to just get the shine back, use some meguiars, what ever your choice, maybe some fine cut cleaner or swirlx/scratch x.

svt slobra

Reaction score
my cobra had a white brush mark on the rear bumper when i got it......wiped it with a little thinner and then washed and buffed and now ya cant even tell

Sinned83

Reaction score
It doesn't look to bad. Someone who knows what their doing should be able to get it with a rotary buffer.

sweet94GT

Reaction score
i wet sanded with 2000 grit.seems like it took the clear off.not necessarily happy without come but better than the wite on there.i can post pics later.its just dull black in the 2 spots
Tried to help to avoid this outcome....

OP
OP
757gt94

757gt94

Reaction score
^i was already doin it when u posted.it a bummer but is better looking then the white paint that was there

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hit it with some rubbing compound now, then a polishing compound, then megs scratch x. then some sealant and wax. should be fine

98rocket

Reaction score
Bbefore you sand you should of tried a few different things.. Compound, acetone, or a clay bar..Something less abrasive. Now your going to have to have it buffed..GL

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you can bring 2000 grit out without a buffer, just work at it with the products I mentioned

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like paint transfer to me. A porter cable polisher should be able to take it off with a medium polish. No heavy compound need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RstyCoolOne

Members online