PATS control module

Booboo

Reaction score
Found this in my 1997 GT Convertible. Wondering what all it does.

Does this give me the option to have a chip key? Right now the car does not have a chip key. I would switch to a chip key if I could have one with door lock buttons on it.

Photo Feb 05, 10 02 05 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Feb 05, 10 02 05 AM.jpg
    Photo Feb 05, 10 02 05 AM.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 1

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the pats keys do not have buttons on them and you would be the first person in the history of sn95 that wanted to put pats back on the car if it was actually removed. Does the car start with out it in the car?

OP
OP
B

Booboo

Reaction score
Can't start it right now, I've got it torn apart. I was replacing the dash when I found the PATS module. I took another look at the existing key, and I think that is actually is a chip key. See photo. I guess because it has no buttons on it, I just assumed it wasn't.

The existing key sticks so I am going to replace the ignition module. Am I going to have problems programming this thing?

Photo Feb 05, 3 26 53 PM.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it probably is. IF you hold the metal key side down sometimes you can see a small oval/circle in the plastic where the chip is inserted.

I don't have to worry about pats on my 94 but if I am not mistaken you can replace the ignition cylinder with out effecting pats but if someone else says I am wrong they probably know better. You can take the new cylinder prior to installing it in the car to a locksmith and they can rekey it so that it will work with the original key. There is a chance that they could repair the cylinder that is in there as well. If yours pops out as easy as mine does you could actually do it in the parking lot of the locksmith and take it inside to have them look at it prior to buying a new one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.