PCM connector pinouts

dcolli10

Reaction score
Looking for some help on connector pinouts. Changing the car to a Holley and getting rid of the factory harness. There are however 3-4 connectors next to the pcm that go into the pcm harness into the engine bay. Anyone have a document with what those connectors are and that the wires go to.

Tried searching all over and found all wiring pinouts except for those connectors.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Looking for some help on connector pinouts. Changing the car to a Holley and getting rid of the factory harness. There are however 3-4 connectors next to the pcm that go into the pcm harness into the engine bay. Anyone have a document with what those connectors are and that the wires go to.

Tried searching all over and found all wiring pinouts except for those connectors.
Can you post a picture of the connectors?

OP
OP
D

dcolli10

Reaction score
1994 cobra. It’s the connections in the interior. Right side kick panel where the pcm goes. There is the pcm connection. 2 larger connectors. One single wire connector. And a ground IMG_3651.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Mine is a 98, so it’s got the same connectors but they may be slightly different pin. Either way, both of those are going in to your dash for dash function like gauges, radio, a/c, and so on.

OP
OP
D

dcolli10

Reaction score
I had a hanes manual for my 95 gt i once had but that is long gone. For those who have one, would that have the pin outs? All the Tmoss stuff is great and was great back in the 2000's when I had my last car. But nothing covers those connectors.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think those have pin-outs or harnesses. The mustang electrical bible I am looking for only covers electronics and it is as thick as the hanes manual alone. The mechanical section is closer to a phone book, they are the old ford factory manuals that the dealerships got.

SShocker96

Reaction score
I think this is the harness you’re talking about right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
D

dcolli10

Reaction score
I think this is the harness you’re talking about right?
Thats exactly the one. I can always use a multimeter to pin each wire to find out where they go. But an explanation of those pins would be great and save a lot of time.

SShocker96

Reaction score
Here’s the thing. In the book, most connectors no describe what the the plug is, or what it connects to. For those wires, it only shows the location.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 4

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Find a local shop with access to All Data, pay em some money to print you out the diagram of those which'll be called "Connector Faces", and it should have what you're looking for. I would say anywhere from $20 to $50 would be a reasonable fee for the time spent looking it all up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online