PI or NPI?

mongo

Reaction score
I bought my mustang about a month ago and it came with all the stock parts and receipts for a ford replacement motor installed in 2005. Would this engine be pi or non pi? How can I tell?

281powered

Reaction score
i'm shure theres a code or somthing on the block or eles where on the motor that some one from this site could tell you but what does it say on the reciept? does it list what year motor they put in or any other info? but for a quick answer get a flash light or somthing and look at the space under your intake behind your alltinator on the front left side of engine and if the botton of your black plastic intake sits right on top of your engine block then you most likely have a pi motor or at leat a pi intake but if there's a big gap between the bottom of your plastic intake and the block it's a npi motor. hope this helps :thumb:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i pretty sur eif you have two sensors on the intake manifold crossover you have a NPI, but im not sure. I odnt think ford would tap and drill into the crossover for the second sensor on a PI intake manifold. But like the person above said, check for space under the manifold, there is a big difference.

intake.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it was a stock replacement, you're NPI,

what 95 and 281 said about the IM is correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.