Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea those ntk sensors aren’t cheap . I’m going to have to get one for my dominator soon here when I switch ecus’
any reason for NTK over Bosch? Just a personal pref or is there something different otherwise? It has been a minute but I thought you had to select which one you were using in the program?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
any reason for NTK over Bosch? Just a personal pref or is there something different otherwise? It has been a minute but I thought you had to select which one you were using in the program?
Oh I’m not sure ,I know with the terminator x you can only use Bosch and I thought with hp and dominator you can only use NTK but I guess you can use both . Bosch widebands from what I read aren’t as accurate and fail way more often . I’ve had a few fail but my cars fine with the Bosch one now . I just gotta dominator ecu so might switch over but the ntk sensors break the bank

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah, gotcha. The only part that got burned/melted was the harness and I still have 3 feet of wire before it so I ordered a new harness as well as an o2 sensor. I am going to put a new harness on the old one and probably throw it back in. Hopefully there was no damage done to the hp with power being off during the fire as they mentioned if the o2 wiring/sensor was in the fire it could take the ecu out. Hopefully that is not the case, I will cross that bridge when I get there and if it is bad wish I won a waffle like you :) congrats on that one.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fingers crossed it’s fine . I’ve never won anything by luck in my life so it was a huge deal for me . ive been watching boosted gt long before street outlaws was a thing ,hell I made my old yellow car a clone of his car . I gotta go get my car from the glass shop , cars getting a new windshield

joe65

Reaction score
Bought this. I feel like a hoarder now. I need to make a decision on what to do now. Forged bottom end with trick flow heads and intake. 11:1 runs great with comp cams but I might part it. Or I might run it.

Attachments

• 6E092240-3C85-4095-A238-998E75ECCB9A.jpeg
    6E092240-3C85-4095-A238-998E75ECCB9A.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 17

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I'm going electric parking brake!

Found that Wilwood has a directly interchangeable electronic parking brake that'll take the place of the existing mechanical parking brake I have back there from Wilwood, confirmed when I called their tech line just now. Here it is:

Wilwood electric parking brake

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm going electric parking brake!

Found that Wilwood has a directly interchangeable electronic parking brake that'll take the place of the existing mechanical parking brake I have back there from Wilwood, confirmed when I called their tech line just now. Here it is:

Wilwood electric parking brake
a few years ago I thought about getting the E-Stop kit to do it myself.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Looks like a decent build quality but I can already see it's fab work required. Not impossible, but damn I am sure glad the man Adam Gleason spec'd out that rear caliper bracket for me those years ago. This electric e-brake is a bolt-off/bolt-on upgrade. Hawt damn.

95GTS302

Reaction score
Finally Finished the last section of our privacy fence across the back 55’ of white vinyl with dual gates going in.
IMG_1385.jpeg

doggiedoc

Reaction score
That may have to be my next series of upgrades. MM tubular k-member and LCAs with coil over struts.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I can't call it my latest purchase but it's the latest results from a pretty recent purchase. I bought a farm about the size of San Francisco. It's in South Africa in the Karoo which is a desert. First fence off a little slice of it, then make the slice work for me. So I had to punch in some (7) wells around the property, several kilometers of 8" pipe to move the water around to where it was needed, a few water tanks the size of swimming pools and a wallet crushing amount of solar panels, pumps and remote management systems. Then came the 168km of drip irrigation piping. That was a lot of work. Add in a few hundred kilograms of earthworms and a few thousand gallons of beneficial bacteria in water. Then we planted a strategic mixture of a grass in the phalaris genus, some clover, white corn, yellow corn and sunflower. Behold the desert turned green. Still have about half of the fenced up area to get planted with the phalaris grass and then we can move the sheep into the pens and get them out of the veld.

Now that's all ready for harvest so we needed a way to process the maize.

Sooooo, in the last couple weeks we've bought in one of these guys. It's a multi-grain thresher. It works with corn, wheat, barley, sunflower and a host of other things that need to be separated in multiple stages. With corn it removes the husk from the cob and then the corn from the cob, chops the cobs up into 3/4" chunks and spits out a pile of corn kernels, a pile of husks and a pile of cob.
img_6528.jpg

Also picked up one of these bad boys, a Drotsky M36 hammer mill to process the corn into mealie pap ("pap" is pronounced "pup" and is the South African equivalent of American grits or porridge). Later on in the year we'll also use it to make flour from our winter wheat crop.
screen-shot-2023-04-22-at-10.28.12-am.png

But, like the man says, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." So I had to pick up an Ase Utra .30cal suppressor. They're steel core and very close in design to Maxim's original design. Compact and effective as all hell. Brand new it cost me under $400 and was mail order because SA doesn't consider them to be weapons, they're just mufflers.
img_6374.png

I finally got confirmation that my red lechwe trophy is finished at the taxidermist and now being shipped to my little farm house. This is a very high quality example of a trophy example of the species. If hunted in the USA, just as on the farm in South Africa where this animal was taken, the normal cost would be ~$10,000 or more for this animal. I paid $400 including taxidermy. I should note that this wasn't really a "hunt". I shot it from the back of a Land Cruiser about 80 yards away and it had been somewhat habituated to people being around so while it was still an untamed animal and was skittish it wasn't what we in the USA would think of as truly wild as it lived on a closed (high fence) farm. The farmer just doesn't actively feed the game animals or care for them other than managing herd numbers. This one needed to be pulled from the herd and I had a craving for eating a 16th antelope species so he let me shoot it.
img_6318.jpg

And since I can see you're brimming with curiosity, here's a picture of the house. It's only ~700sqft. You don't want too big of a house. We mostly heat and cook with wood and/or coal, neither of which are abundant in our area. We use LPG very sparingly as it's ferociously expensive. My business partner owns and stays in the main house which is quite large at around 5000sqft but that's more of a shared space. There's another house just like mine right next to where mine is that my business partner and his wife will move into once the middle child takes over the day-to-day operation of the farm and then they get the big house. I just put in 8kw of solar power along with new plumbing, new gas system, tankless water heater along with a donkey (a donkey is a water heater of a sort... think bigazz steel tank with a coal fire under it and a pipe leading inside the house) and all new wall and window coverings. The window coverings are curtains made from bontebok skins. The wall coverings are just starting out but is being done with various big game skins in quirky setups... like the giraffe skin will start on the wall in the living room with the legs overflowing onto the floor/ceiling and the neck running around the corner and appearing to thread in and out of each bedroom and the bathroom and then finally turning the corner to sort of photobom-poke it's head around the final corner into the kitchen. Floor coverings are mostly zebra skins.
img_6320.jpg

If you thought to yourself that it looks like the mojave desert, you're not far off. They're at the same latitude, just opposite hemispheres and they're very similar environments. If you can make a desert bloom you've got a heck of a thing. In Africa it's especially helpful because, since it's in a desert, nobody is ever going to kill you for it.

Last edited:

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
WOW
Im at a loss for words!
Just amazing!

So....why are you currently in Africa?
I'm currently in Kommiefornia but before long I'll be back on the dark continent. My money seems to spend all of its time in Africa. I'm there as much as I can be which amounts to a total of about 2 months a year for the last several years. Why I spend my money and my time there is probably the next question and that's pretty straightforward:

1. 20% ROI on my investments. Africa is a place where you can make a bundle on investments. You have to remember that it is still AFRICA and in Africa, everything bites so you can't get complacent and you mustn't wave food, water, money or success around where ANC voters can see it or they'll kill you and take it.
2. Cost of living (in town) is ~15% of what it is in the USA. On my farm it's closer to 2-3% meaning I can retire in a little over 2 years. Before I turn 51 I'll never again have to do anything for anyone other than myself to get a paycheck.
3. Boer chicks. They are beyond hot and they are the perfect companion. American women, you can have them. They're also extremely traditional which makes for a very pleasant beginning, middle and end of each day of otherwise relentless and back breaking labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online