Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll be the Guinea pig…. What is that for??
Replacement motherboard for my switch panel in my Jeep. The original got wet while my back glass was busted and corroded to the point that half of the switch panel didn’t work.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Hot 4cyl turbo cars got some serious things going for them. The best car Chevy ever made IMHO was the Cobalt Sedan SS. It crushed the coupe model in so many ways. The thing was front wheel drive and handled like a RWD car, got good mileage, made great power with the boost coming on at 1800rpm thanks to a twin scroll turbo that was perfectly sized. Then there was the sodium filled exhaust valves, nuts tough transmission, launch control that was built for slicks, ESC and ABS that I enjoyed leaving on instead of disabling out of the box, Autometer boost gauge on the A-pillar, nice interior trim, no-lift shift, the aforementioned twin scroll turbo, super reliable, FAT brakes... The only thing that was not awesome was it would eat a set of control arm bushings every 50K miles, for as the entry price for never being able to get it to be anything but neutral in turns it was a small price to pay. The Mazdaspeed 3's seem to be a pretty slickly set up ride.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Dood, them cobalts in any respectable condition are pricey and they look great too. I had my eye on a few hot FWD's for a daily commuter. The mini van transit i had was tough as nails reliable and I really hated parting with it because it felt like part of the family ,but ive always wanted a standard transmission in my daily and since the family is growing up, I dont need 7 seats anymore. However the cargo space was nice and the fuel mileage was great too

I researched the hell out of cars like Focus St, Chevy sonics, Dodge calibers and the cobalts but the mazda and the duretec engines had me hooked. The engine platform isnt bulletproof, but has a huge following. Ford used these engines in almost every country in a plethora of models, so parts shouldnt be scarce.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Dood, them cobalts in any respectable condition are pricey and they look great too. I had my eye on a few hot FWD's for a daily commuter. The mini van transit i had was tough as nails reliable and I really hated parting with it because it felt like part of the family ,but ive always wanted a standard transmission in my daily and since the family is growing up, I dont need 7 seats anymore. However the cargo space was nice and the fuel mileage was great too

I researched the hell out of cars like Focus St, Chevy sonics, Dodge calibers and the cobalts but the mazda and the duretec engines had me hooked. The engine platform isnt bulletproof, but has a huge following. Ford used these engines in almost every country in a plethora of models, so parts shouldnt be scarce.
I sold it for $3500.... stupidest thing I'd done in a LONG time. But you know that they say, "Stupid decisions are life's little chances to improve yourself." I'm a slow learner obviously.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That 2.0 ecotec is a wicked engine . There’s a guy local to me with one in his old Porsche makes 500rwhp and been 6’s in the 8th mile super impressive . I always like the turbo cobalt ss such a fun car to drive

GTamas

Reaction score
Bought an upper radiator hose and a belt, I'll put them in the trunk in case I ever need them while fat away from home. They might not be highest quality, but were cheap on a wholesale closeout. Also bought waterpump gasket to put on the shelf for later.
The "self-cut" Taylor ignition wire arrived, too. I have to replace one of the old ones which got too intimate with the headers.
20240418_204646.jpg

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
No pics for this one. I have to make sure I'm set up properly if the election next week goes as bad as it might go. There's already enough of everything for the existing full time residents but I needed to be able to equip some folks that could end up having to leave almost all of their supplies and didi over to my place if the worst happens.

4000L Diesel
2000L 95 octane petrol
1 case Jim Beam bourbon
1 case Zubrowka Bison vodak
1 case Glenfiddich 12 year
1 case Glenmorangie 10 year
6 cases Windhoek draught
1 case Castle Milk Stout
25L white vinegar
50kg black beans
50kg pinto beans
50kg red kidney beans
1 O2 concentrator
2 7L O2 bottles
16 windlass tourniquets
20kg assorted spices
2 cases 5.56x45 M193
32L canola oil
2400 rolls TP (the soft stuff)
1 black wildebeest
1 blesbok
1 red hartebeest
1 gemsbok (oryx)
1 rooibok (impala)
Assorted vehicle parts and supplies
Assorted livestock maintenance supplies
Concrete sealant
8 Level 3++ hard plates (unlimited hits up to M80A1, iffy with black tip .30cal)
8 Level 3A soft side plates
8 Level 3A soft plates
4 plate carriers
4 50rd Galil mags
4 mag placards
4 IFAK's
4 3L MOLLE camelback carriers w/ bladders
4 G19 drop leg rigs
8 pairs 5.11 EVO boots
10 Tek-Lok's
2 more suppressors

What really burned my biscuits is that all the hooch came out to under 1000 bucks. The livestock supplies fit into a single grocery bag and cost more than that. The soft plates are meant to be used with the hard plates. They really help with the spall containment.

Last edited:

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MM forward offset LCA’s; 5/16” rear spacers; headlight hardware; Cobra 4-pc headlight set.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpeg
    IMG_2215.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2214.jpeg
    IMG_2214.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg