"progressive" springs

97vertstang

Reaction score
one of my buddies with a 04 cobra has a chance of getting "progressive" springs. is anyone using them???? has anyone heard of em?? and any pics??? im curious of the brand and quality of how the spring. thanks

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
umm i remeber there being a lot of progressive options for my fox...none of them had any large drops they were mostly 1/2 or 3/4....they just settle its not a all at once drop.....i know that bigjohnson4.6 used progressive rate springs in his sn contact him via p.m. O0

lrall

Reaction score
progressive is a type of spring, instead of a constant spring rate they get stiffer and stiffer as they compress, that way all the little bumps and stuff you dont feel. Id get them in a heart beat, this is why 03 cobra guys can cut springs w/o any effects, they just cut off the coil that doesnt do much and it lowers the car

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you're not suppose to cut progresive rate springs because doing that changes the spring rate.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My Steeda Sports Lites are Progressive....it just means the springs are softer when not compressed as much for a more comfortable ride and stiffen up more when they need too.

94pacecar435

Reaction score
well he said progressive and are worth $220 and the ones i found for that price are the BBK progressive springs. the Progress springs are $180 and i think only GTR carries them. so im not sure what they are, but if "THEY'RE" bbk springs $150 is worth it and if not $120 sounds fair.
need-stang said:
94pacecar435 said:
there Progress springs not progressive
its 'they're' progress springs not progressive :hammer:
u know what i ment. thats all that matters. O0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Overused_03

Members online