Radiator

Booboo

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the radiator on my 97 GT, automatic trans. I am inprocess of upgrading to PI heads and MHS stage 2.5 cams. Supercharger down the road, 7 to 10 lbs boost max. Looking for a radiator for this, any recomendations.

Thinking about one for a 94-95 5.0 to get rid of the coolant tank. Will that work or good idea?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I would go with a champion 3 core with out auto matic trans cooling lines outlets
Amazon has some nice trans cooler that are compact look pretty cool

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Using one with a filler neck could work, but beware, one of the mounting brackets on top is different, and the fan does not bolt up the same.

OP
OP
B

Booboo

Reaction score
Using one with a filler neck could work, but beware, one of the mounting brackets on top is different, and the fan does not bolt up the same.
Just how much different are they? Something an average guy at home could handle?

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I 2nd the mishimoto but will warn against their fan/shroud as it does not move enough air. Not sure about the stock fans swap though.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Just how much different are they? Something an average guy at home could handle?
I’m pretty sure @white95 bolted a modular fan to a pushrod radiator and it just requires drilling some new holes in the fan, but I may be mistaken. He should chime in and clear me up.

None of it is really difficult, it kind of depends on how much effort you want to put in to it and how much you are willing to learn or listen.

How mechanically inclined are you? How much automotive work have you done?

OP
OP
B

Booboo

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure @white95 bolted a modular fan to a pushrod radiator and it just requires drilling some new holes in the fan, but I may be mistaken. He should chime in and clear me up.

None of it is really difficult, it kind of depends on how much effort you want to put in to it and how much you are willing to learn or listen.

How mechanically inclined are you? How much automotive work have you done?
I am pretty machanically inclined. Im getting ready to replace the heads and cams myself and feel comfortable doing that. If its just drilling a few holes or other minor things, im good. But if I have to fab up a custom bracket, I really don't have the tools. How far off is the mounting bracket on top? Do I just need to get a bracket off a push rod car from the junk yard?

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I am pretty machanically inclined. Im getting ready to replace the heads and cams myself and feel comfortable doing that. If its just drilling a few holes or other minor things, im good. But if I have to fab up a custom bracket, I really don't have the tools. How far off is the mounting bracket on top? Do I just need to get a bracket off a push rod car from the junk yard?
I think a pushrod car bracket will work, but again, drilling a couple holes lol. It mounts different, you’ll see once you look at one.

If you’re comfortable doing heads and cams, this will be no problem.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
+1 for Mishimoto. Running one also for about 8 years, first radiator I've ever had that didn't spring a leak. The floating mounts that come with it are the secret sauce.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The mercury mystique/ cougar radiator fan should work well for our cars. Its a popular swap with the fox body guys. Has anyone tried this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online