ran my car w/ 5 speed finally

Discussion in 'Drag Racing' started by NotQuik, Oct 4, 2006.

1. NotQuik

NotQuik Active Member

Went out for hte first time tonight since the swap from an AODE....1st and worst run was a [email protected] w/ 2.305 60'.....2nd gear didn't like to be shifted too quickly as it spun more than it ever would on the street....didn't spin 1st at all any of the runs i just bogged it but it got better each pass. third pass it went [email protected] w/ 2.205 60'....given cool weather/tires/practice it'll get better, it's been almost 3 1/2 years since i ran my old coupe so i'm rusty :( Just thought i'd share though, mods are catback/hpipe/14 degrees timing.....this is all and it's lowered. :nonono:

Best times with AODE in sig. same mods of course.

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

weeeeeeell you have to get those 60ft times down a little bit huh :hammer: :hammer: Its ok going from a slush box to a gear banger will take some getting use to, then you will be able to drop ET like a brick :dancing6:

3. NotQuik

NotQuik Active Member

that's what i figure...the 89 coupe i had went [email protected] on street tires with same mods and 3.31 gears...on slicks it went [email protected] and temp was in the low 90's then my clutch said good bye to me. I get tires eventually though. :)

4. 281powered

281powered Member

good times for your mods list, congrats ;D

5. ALITL8

ALITL8 Well-Known Member

not bad at all for a basically stock 5.0! my best yet is only a [email protected] mph on street tires and without the chip and tune. im hoping to get in the mid to low 14's with better tires and the tune at our next meet. plan to run my 96 octane race tune on a mix of 91/101 ;D

6. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Sweet man, good runs.

Interesting to see the times since I'm swapping to a 5 speed right now!

7. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

it takes some getting use to on a track but after a few passes its nothing :D