Ready to set timing... Never done a 4V

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Who here is a 4V timing setup beast? Pretty sure I'll be able to get it down eventually, but I'll never be able to KNOW that I did it without a single tooth off. Trying to get this thing perfect the first and only time.. When I pulled the heads off the teksid at TDC with all marks in the correct spots the primary chains did not have any bronze links. The pass side primary was the only one that had a yellow mark on a link and it was way down by the primary tensioner. It looked like the tech. that replaced the chains may not have used the bronze chain links?? Idk. I'm trying to only do this once and I'd rather not destroy valves. Lol

The crank key was pointed at 11 o'clock and the dot was at 6. All four cam dots were at 12 o'clock. They are still together as I don't have to remove them. While everything was in this position I used a paint marker to mark all links that were on a timing mark. When I took them off all four links were the exact opposite of the other marked.
Does this sound right?

i have the Jeggs timing setup guide downloaded to my phone but the pics are not very good and it isn't very exact with where the marks need to be. Can anyone point me to a GOOD guide or write up on 4V timing setup?

Thanks!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yea, youre just lining things back straight up. Nothing to difficult. Youve done this before with 2v

Geno-04

Reaction score
Everyone is always scared of setting the timing on a 4v lol...once you set the cams on each head it's pretty much like a 2v. But it seem's like you already figured it out, I joined this site too late lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online