Reliability of a dead motor?

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Alright ladies and gents I'm trying to keep my 2 valve alive for a year or less im on low compression on 5 and 6 and had a bad vibration but since fixed that issue Im just seeing on whos done it before beings it my daily and the teksid will be built slowly. It leaks oil out of every gasket but never looses any doesnt smoke etc so I'm kind of at a loss should it be fine for another year or so of 35 /40 miles of day to day driving ?

RichV

Reaction score
I would have a backup plan. That ultra important day you absolutely need to be somewhere is when it will shit the bed.

What's your long term plan? Drive it into the ground? New motor eventually? Or a new car?

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Why is compression low? Do you know? And how much lower are they?
6 and 7 are 80/90's definitely rings dropped a bit of oil down the shoot and compression jumped.
I would have a backup plan. That ultra important day you absolutely need to be somewhere is when it will shit the bed.

What's your long term plan? Drive it into the ground? New motor eventually? Or a new car?
New motor I take great care of the car just have to daily it with low compression i figure if i keep my foot out of it no crazy driving it'll last me a while. But i have a teksid on a stand with all 96 cobra stuff just planned on rebuilding with forged internals etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online