removing oxygen sensor questions

Reaction score
ok, so trying to take off the passenger side cylinder head.
a lot of the header bolts are stripped, so i planned to do what i did when i took the drivers side cylnder head off; i disconnected the header from the exhaust pipe and took the head and header off as one piece.
so, i think this should be easy enough. i go under andthen i see i cant get to the nut at the exhaust pipe flange because the oxygen sensor (i believe its the oxygen sensor) is right in the way. i assume theres no other way for me to get the exhaust pipe off than to take out the sensor.

so, anything special i need to do or just stick a wrench on it an turn? looks pretty cramped there.
i would have tried it already but i dont have the right size wrench for the sensor nut.
anybody know what size it is?

is there a way to get the exhaust pipe off without removing the sensor? (i dont believe so)

thanks in advance for any help

Slykin

Reaction score
Is it for a 5.0 or 4.6? It's pretty simple on 5.0's.. I didn't even know they had special sockets. Just unplug it and then wrench it on out. I think you may have to stick your wrench through the k-member initially, but that's all I remember being an issue.

OP
OP

Reaction score

doesnt seem like theres enough room, but im going to give it another shot tomorrow i guess
thanks

FrankenStang

Reaction score
bust off the O2...and then it will be just like a bolt head...then any rite size siocket will fit on it..DO NO(T use the o2 sensors tool to remove them...it will open up since its not a whole socket but one with a gap init to allow wires init, but it will open and strip the 02 sensors...ask me how i know...best to replace the 02 anyways unless its new and then inthat case...heat her up and wrech it off ...leave it in the pipes untill they are dropped and just discon the o2 sesnor wire from the harness...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online