Replace Vapor Canister

lonestar1

Reaction score
Gentlemen, need to replace my vapor canister on 2002 GT. It's leaking smoke like crazy. Is this something I can do myself or is it a big undertaking? Will I need any special tools or equipment?

Thanks in advance,

Lonestar

neverenuff

Reaction score
Basic hand tools should do, take off passenger side fender, don't forget to take out inner fender bolts. It's two hoses and a clamp that holds it in place. It should only take 1-1.5 hours. Just a tip, put masking tape on the passenger side door and fender so it doesn't get scratched

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lonestar1

Reaction score
The canister I believe is located next to the gas tank by the drivers rear tire. Looks like I would have to deal with the gas tank, plate and exhaust tip. Is there an easier way to get to the vapor canister?

Lonestar

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure canister is up front in the fender. That's where they were when I permanently removed mine.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

torreyc

Reaction score
I have a 03 Mach 1 and its easily accessible if you remove the passenger side fender skirt

torreyc

Reaction score
I'd recommend also replacing the vaccum lines going to and from it at the same time. Mine were pretty brittle. I was chasing down a vaccum leak and replaced the tubing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online