Replace Vapor Canister

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by lonestar1, Jan 29, 2016.

1. lonestar1

lonestar1 New Member

Gentlemen, need to replace my vapor canister on 2002 GT. It's leaking smoke like crazy. Is this something I can do myself or is it a big undertaking? Will I need any special tools or equipment?

Thanks in advance,

Lonestar

2. neverenuff

neverenuff Active Member

Basic hand tools should do, take off passenger side fender, don't forget to take out inner fender bolts. It's two hoses and a clamp that holds it in place. It should only take 1-1.5 hours. Just a tip, put masking tape on the passenger side door and fender so it doesn't get scratched

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. lonestar1

lonestar1 New Member

The canister I believe is located next to the gas tank by the drivers rear tire. Looks like I would have to deal with the gas tank, plate and exhaust tip. Is there an easier way to get to the vapor canister?

Lonestar

4. evilcw311

evilcw311 Most Evil Mod! Staff Member Staff

Pretty sure canister is up front in the fender. That's where they were when I permanently removed mine.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

5. torreyc

torreyc New Member

I have a 03 Mach 1 and its easily accessible if you remove the passenger side fender skirt

6. torreyc

torreyc New Member

I'd recommend also replacing the vaccum lines going to and from it at the same time. Mine were pretty brittle. I was chasing down a vaccum leak and replaced the tubing