Replacing rear speakers, is there a better way?

Silversn95

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing the stock speakers with better aftermarket speakers so I read the instructions on the service CD on removing the factory units. The service instructions basicly have you removing the interior seats and trim from the rear, thats crazy!! There must be a better / quicker way to do this. Anyone have advise?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
way easier method. clean your trunk out. climb on your back. remove 4 bolts on each amp and dont forget to remove wire clips. then remove remove the 4 on the rear deck lid. should drop right out and dont forget wire clips. then speakers are exposed for removal. i use pioneer 6x8s. sound nice.

OP
OP
Silversn95

Silversn95

Reaction score
xploder17s said:
way easier method. clean your trunk out. climb on your back. remove 4 bolts on each amp and dont forget to remove wire clips. then remove remove the 4 on the rear deck lid. should drop right out and dont forget wire clips. then speakers are exposed for removal. i use pioneer 6x8s. sound nice.

I originally tried to get at the speakers from the trunk but they are mounted from the top. You need to get at it from the top to get to the speaker mounting screws. I don't get the amp part, there isn't any back there. I only have the standard factory system in there, not the mach one.

OP
OP
Silversn95

Silversn95

Reaction score
I guess I found a better way.... but it involves scraped knuckles :(

All I did was remove the seat bolster and the retainers for the package shell trim. I pulled the trim up as far as I could and used some spreaders to hold it open. I then barely had access to the screws and dragged my knuckles on the underside of the trim with every turn (that sucked). I used a 1/4" drive philips bit and a 1/4" open end wrench to turn the screws as there was still only a couple inches clearance to the top of the rear screws (fronts were fine). I got the old crappy ones out though, time to put the new ones in.

mich_666

Reaction score
im pretty sure u can just dropp the whole speaker bar thing. its held in with some sealant but it drops down along with the speakers.... no need to bust knuckles, i kno it works cuz i did it.

mich_666

Reaction score
same here. gots the same setup in my car.... did it a couple months ago...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I just did it and All I did was Drop the Rear crappy stock thing out completely and put some infinity speakers in the rear....

mich_666

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I just did it and All I did was Drop the Rear crappy stock thing out completely and put some infinity speakers in the rear....

exactly^^

mich_666

Reaction score
xploder17s said:
that is what i explained. :nonono: :nonono: either way :happydrunks:

my bad, got ppl mixed up, ur way was what i was refering to... :hammer:

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
when i bought my car the speakers were stolen out of the back so everything was ripped and dented so putting new ones in was easy just did it from the trunk, bent all the metal and drilled new holes :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.