Restoration of a '94 V6

GEKicker08

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was lucky enough to receive a 94 3.8L Mustang from my sister's boss (long story short he wanted it out of his garage :dunno: ) and my dad and i are going to completely restore this baby and make it, hopefully, a really nice to and from school commuter. I have a few questions though in regards to some of the reliability issues seeing as how is has 165xxx miles on it. The owner said he had it rebuilt once but we don't know the mileage on it since the rebuild. Should we just go ahead and have it rebuilt again or would that be too much of a hastle? Also we need to redo the interior b/c the "red" cloth that's in it now looks like a very girly shade of salmon( and in some places pink :thumb: ), where are some good places to get interior parts like seats and dash board/door inserts? I'll post pics whenever i can muster them up, the car is in South Carolina and I go to school in Mississippi so it'll be around the beginning of March when this build starts. Thanks for all the help guys,
:TY:
Dylan USM#90

BTW the smileys are the shiznit

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
Here are some pictures....

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

There is damage on the front fender from a small collision that deployed the airbags and caused my dad to
want to "gut" the interior and re-do it. :banana: :bunny3: Also shows the amount of a$$ that was in the driver's seat, the thing is totally flattened haha. Its time to start. Ordered new black carpet, waiting on a Cobra Front bumper and the ABC lip... Sound system is going in during my spring break... Updates will come shortly...

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
^^ :hammer: :hammer:

It'll be gone on saturday. We ordered black carpet and new airbags on saturday last week. Also got a new fender and a hood that will be going on this weekend. I NEED SEATS!!!! :tickedoff: Oh, and is there a sticky or something that explains how to do paint prep work?

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
Just got finished gutting the car then putting in black carpet. Just got our bumper today and it'll be going on tomorrow. I figure you guys wanted some more pictures though so here yah go... Oh and i know about the red seats, we have purchased a black leather rear seat and Momo Recaro red and black front seats.

S7300527.jpg

S7300530.jpg

S7300525.jpg

S7300531.jpg

S7300532-1.jpg

S7300533.jpg

Kornnut

Reaction score
If you ever get rid of any of the red interior stuff let me know.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
that red is WOW.... no wonder he gave the car away

lol nice little project tho

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
Ok, over spring break i installed the new bumper, fender, and hood. My dad just got finished tellin me he had gotten the headlights in so those will be going on next. We also have a new leather backseat but he forgot to picture it :nonono:. But anyways, here's the progress. Feedback would be very happily excepted.

S7300540.jpg

S7300539.jpg

S7300544.jpg

Petek

Reaction score
Looks like its coming along nicely :thumb:

CruizinKev

Reaction score
yeah nice man!! keep up good work! :thumb: :coolsmiley:

gonna build anything under that huge hood?? blown 3.8 or something?? ...or v8 swap?

Mustang68

Reaction score
GEKicker08 said:
I have a few questions though in regards to some of the reliability issues seeing as how is has 165xxx miles on it. The owner said he had it rebuilt once but we don't know the mileage on it since the rebuild. Should we just go ahead and have it rebuilt again or would that be too much of a hastle?

rebuilding it is simply up to you at this point really.. but as far as the motors and blocks go for the 3.8's theyre pretty dependable when their maintained properly.. ive heard of some guys out there with 300K on them and still run like they were new.. (minus at least a rebuild and an oil leak here & there).. personally if it was mine though i would go ahead and do it since he couldnt tell ya when it had been done...

if you do plan to one day beef it up for more power i would go ahead and do the engine while you have it out.. would look at supersixmotorsports for the parts though.. theyre pretty much the experts when it comes to v6 performance world and have some great prices..

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
We are thinking about doing an M90 supercoupe swap later on down the road, and we are currently in a rut due to the fact i can't sell the other two cars i have that are keeping my wallet empty. Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket, which its doing to me right now...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
looking good. you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

Wheels will definately make the car.

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
Ok guys, got a lot of stuff done yesterday. We put headlights, mach 1 chin spoiler, black leather interior, fog lights in the bumper and detailed the engine which took about two hours due to the amount of grease and grime that was on the motor, thank God for engine cleaner and high pressure H2O!! All we have left is to do the sound system, order rims, and some paint and it'll be ready for motor and gear upgrades... Will have pictures up in a few hours.

OP
OP
G

GEKicker08

Reaction score
Cleaner motor, I had a before shot but i don't remember where i put it... Just imagine a REALLY dirty motor...
Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Front leather seats
Picture021.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Rear leather seat
Picture018.jpg

Head lights and the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Latest posts