Ring and Pinion Install cost at a shop

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well I got new clutch packs put in (paied prices from FORD because it was a last minute suggestion, so thats a ripoff) I would deff suggest that as well, you can even get heavy duty ones. Anyways the best shop in town that just does rear ends did it (so it wasnt cheap) but I paied like $575ish? Canadian thats not counting price of gears. So buying the parts off the net or from autozone etc im sure you could could get them installed for like $300ish.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i paid $200 for the gears and new bearings to be installed, i supplied the parts. i think thats the going rate around here for installation :dunno:

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
A guy on corral said he'd do it for $160+ 30 for a rebuild of the rear, I already got gears for $115 and am just getting that dallas speedo recal. I think i'll go with him as his price seems pretty good.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
He races and is part of a few teams and has worked on many a pony, but I'll still take a closer look at him just to be sure. Good suggestion Matt.

natedawgg94

Reaction score
why not just do it yourself man it's a cherry job give it like a 2 on the 1 to 10 diff. scale as long as you have access to a dial indictator, jack and some jack stands no special hand tools needed.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I was just going to have the guy rebuild the rear-end and make sure everything is set up right when he does it, I was going to do it myself, but don't have any access to a lift, and am not going to spend another couple of hours under the car doing this in my driveway when I can save my self the time and trouble for a mere $200. But I will watch him do it so i'll know the procedure for next the next mustang I do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online