Rough estimate?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
1995 5.0
-Auto
Mods- C&L CAI, 76mm MAF, MAC Pro Dumps.
What should i be at? Stock is around 170- 180 rwhp for autos right?
By the summer I'll be adding a 75MM throttlebody then shorty headers. Whats a good rwhp estimate with only my mods now then adding a 75MM throttle body? In a year or so I'll do a trickflow complete top end(heads, cam, intake), 3.73 Gears and a whole buncha suspension mods.
Side note- Before the C&L CAI and 76mm maf, and pro dumps, this car woudn't break lose and now it does, probably more hp on the butt dyno than the real one haha

TanTop94

Reaction score
Ill say you might see a gain of only a few horse power, Cold airs and exhaust, though very common mods won't really give you much, maybe 7-10hp+?? to the flywheel. I think that auto is really gonna eat your numbers up but that top end kit will give you some real numbers!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ahh. Yeah I wish I had a 5 speed lol, T5 swap in the future maybe lol. Car feels a lot more responsive thats for sure, now I gotta save for that trickflow top end kit lol. I think a CAI and new mufflers are bigger for the butt dyno than anything. Next performance mod will be a BBK 75MM tb

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Btw do you have 17x9 Bullitts? And is your car lowered at all? Wanna see how a SN95 would look @ stock ride height with 17x9 Bullitts

TanTop94

Reaction score
Yess thats stock ride height (stock springs, Monroe shocks struts) with 17x9 bullits :D as a somewhat quote from another post of mine...I can fist my wheel gap and my car doesn't even moan.

RichV

Reaction score
Don't waste your $ on the TB. You'll loose power and Tq most likely. Focus on the intake and heads, most bang for the buck. The AOD will rob power, but with some gears you'll make it pull pretty hard.

Spend $ on the gears, do the TB when you do the HCI. I'd do some headers as well.

My 5.0 with GT40 intake, E7 heads, 1.7RR was at 230 at the wheels. With GT40 heads and e-cam it's at 260. I still run the stock 60mm TB.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yess thats stock ride height (stock springs, Monroe shocks struts) with 17x9 bullits :D as a somewhat quote from another post of mine...I can fist my wheel gap and my car doesn't even moan.
They look good. That cracked me up lmao

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Don't waste your $ on the TB. You'll loose power and Tq most likely. Focus on the intake and heads, most bang for the buck. The AOD will rob power, but with some gears you'll make it pull pretty hard.

Spend $ on the gears, do the TB when you do the HCI. I'd do some headers as well.

My 5.0 with GT40 intake, E7 heads, 1.7RR was at 230 at the wheels. With GT40 heads and e-cam it's at 260. I still run the stock 60mm TB.

Thats a few things to think about. So basically when I do a h/c/i swap do the TB at the same time? I really hope to do gears, 3.73s should be fun lol. Thanks for the tips

RichV

Reaction score
^^Still running 19lb injectors?

Yes, stock 19s. Stock fuel pressure.

the5.0hh said:
Thats a few things to think about. So basically when I do a h/c/i swap do the TB at the same time? I really hope to do gears, 3.73s should be fun lol. Thanks for the tips

That's what I would do, even then you may not really get the full benefit from it. Get your car dyno'd before you do anything, or run it on a 1/4 mile and get the weight with you in it, then you can estimate HP for a baseline. Also, check out this post...
http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?55746-5.0-mods-with-Dyno-results

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
out of the list of mods you listed op, 373 gears will be the only thing you will notice, lol. i have the same mods minus headers. nothing really. when i installed my ring & pinion. felt that shit!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That's a lot more helpful thanks man. That's what I been hearin tony, gears lol. In a few months I'm gonna go to Englishtown with my brother and a couple friends, my brothers got a 91 GT, my sister's BF has a 06 V6 and my other friend is gonna bring his 2010 maxima lol.
I hope to have the fastest time lol. My brother won't hook up for shit with his 91, my sisters BF with his modded 06 V6 will still run 16s lol and plus he's got heavy 20'' shelby razors and the other kid got a 2010 maxima, auto, he's gonna just spin all day with FWD lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online

No members online now.