scratch in chrome...removable?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
there's a VERY small scratch in one of my new wheels. not big enough for me to demand another one but still wondering if it is possible to remove fine scratches from chrome.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
I don't think T ...that you could get out a scratch 100% from chrome. Seeing how the layer is very thin, if anything it might appear that it is getting removed.. When really you are just removing the plating it self.. Have you tried calling the wheel company about defects ? Or there warranty and what it covers?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea i dont see how you can either :(

no i never contacted anyone about simply cause it's so small no one will ever see it, lol. i just kinda wonder about future scratches really. i know at some point i will get a scratch somewhere on these wheels. i thought the lip was polished aluminum but nope...it's chrome.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Ahhh..... It cost to Floss baby :).. Those chrome lips are something else...

joekd

Reaction score
If the scratch is fine enough you should be able to get it out with just regular crhome polish

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the scratch is fine enough you should be able to get it out with just regular crhome polish

+1

As long as its just a normal scratch, aka, not through the chrome coating you should be able to polish it out with no problem

2v_takeover

Reaction score
If your worried about the future, I would try and recommend a normal chrome polish like previously stated, and perhaps a layer of opti coat or wolfs or something of the sort for added scratch protection. Pricey sure, but either that or buy a new wheel if it bugs you to the point.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
depends. chrome is metal plated onto other metal. if you've pierced the top layer(s) of metal (the shiny stuff) you're effed. It need re-dipped.

If you haven't gone through the top layer, you can buff and polish it best you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Staff online

Members online