Screw it, I am going with a crate motor...

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
If you want an aftermarket block get the dart. The r302 requires more machining (more $$) and the man of war block takes more time also. Get the dart sportsman block if you want a good aftermarket block. Its a high quality block and a decent price ($1800 and can handle 1200 hp)

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Spyder said:
I would say if you plan on going past the 500 hp mark, or even being near it for too long, make a wise investment in one of the bloacks stated above.

Or you can push your luck, maybe get by for a while, then eventually end up shoveling the stock bloack off of the pavement when in gives up on you.
:lol: :rollinglaugh:
So true.
I've been riding on my time bomb for 3 years but it's lots of fun while it lasts.

OP
OP
S

Sklander

Reaction score
You can get a Dart shortblock for $1800??? WHERE?

I need a complete short block. I have been looking into Coast High Performance. Their street fighter short blocks looks promising.

Spyder

Reaction score
I would go with the dart iron eagle if i were you.

It has four bolt mains on all five caps, rather than just on the inside three like the sportmans.

Personally if i were gonna have a supercharger, i make sure that the main nearest the the pully would be a four bolt just for the added insurance.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
If you are still wanting to build one let me know and I can PM you the # to the guy that built mine. He is the head porting guy for Champion Racing Heads. My motor with an S-trim made 507/500

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
thats the $$ for the block not a short block. if you want to make power and not break everything you got to pay.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
thats the $$ for the block not a short block. if you want to make power and not break everything you got to pay.
That is why I am building a Dart block.....My goal is 750-800 rwhp on the street

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online