Silver Springs Car Show, January 8, 2017 Ocala Florida

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The girly, a few friends and I went to a Ford Show at Silver Springs in Ocala, Florida. It had some real gems! Despite the crummy weather (lots of rain 40* temps) we had a great time.

I’ve got some pics highlighting my favorites. I definitely love the Shinoda Cobra that’s up first!

Hey look! Burt Reynolds made an appearance!!

As far as I could tell, this car was the real deal. I’ve never seen any Shinoda car in person so it was a real treat!

As far as I could tell again, this car was also the real deal. If it wasn’t, it’s a really good clone with a real Paxton Shelby Supercharger that is probably worth more than most of our SN95s!

The color is the blaze orange that S197’s come in. I’ve never seen that on a foxbody before, Very sharp!

I wish I could have caught the owner of this thing, you can tell it’s an absolute beast!

Monster MIATA! 347 with AFR heads and other goodies. Pushing about 400 to the ground! This thing must be a BLAST!

From the paperwork this guy had, this car is a 95 cobra, but it was pulled off the line to do some R&D sort of stuff. I am a bit confused by it though. It has vertical tails and a 4v motor. I am unsure if it was a 95 cobra that they pulled to do practice stuffing the 4v into it? This is another one where I would have liked to talk to the owner.

You can read the poster. I know the owner of this car fairly well. He also has a super snake and a few other crazy vehicles. This is a bone stock Saleen Fox, and is the first customer car. It’s in showroom condition. Incredibly rare car. RichV you should love this one!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

This is just some beast with an enormous blower!

I could not help but think about [MENTION=16025]TTSaleen[/MENTION] when I saw this car. I’m not sure if it’s the one you sold or not but it sure looked close! This is a beautiful ride, fairly rare 93 Cobra in teal. Also, if you look closely in the interior pic, you can see Cliff from Cheers! following me around the car show lol

This, just like the first pic shows, is a real deal Shelby. It’s a Terlingua race model. It has the 4.0 V6 with a Procharger on it. They push about 400 horse and are supposed to be a huge blast to drive. The owner is a member of one of the clubs I’m in and is very nice. Really neat car that I am lucky enough to have the privilege to see in person!

The last few shots are of my buddies GT350s. I think I have posted both of their GT500s on here before. Must be nice lol!

Hope you enjoyed !

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Freakin awesome display of machinery!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Nice cars. That teal cobra looked like it had 18 wheeler lug nuts holding the camber plates down lol

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Sweet pics!
Unfortunately, I've never owned a 93 cobra. But I did have a reef blue 93 coupe.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet pics!
Unfortunately, I've never owned a 93 cobra. But I did have a reef blue 93 coupe.

Yea, I went back to check out your thread and realized you had a notch and not a hatch back. I was swearing up and down that was your car while we were there! :)

I'm definitely lucky to know most of the owners of most of these to get up close and personal with the cars. I was supposed to drive the grey GT350 but the weather put a damper on that. The owner of that also has a couple of the Shelby Hertz models.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
WoW! You lucky to witness such a showing. Wished we had shows like that here. Thanks, pics are great!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
What's the deal with the orange fox? Who's all the tubing running inside pass side? Any info on it?

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

Lanter

Reaction score
What's the deal with the orange fox? Who's all the tubing running inside pass side? Any info on it?

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

Know nothing about that car in particular but as far as the tubing is concerned it all runs to a heat exchanger. Great way to locate weight dead center in the car. Tons and tons of drag cars route their charge piping to a water/air heat exchanger located inside the passenger compartment.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Know nothing about that car in particular but as far as the tubing is concerned it all runs to a heat exchanger. Great way to locate weight dead center in the car. Tons and tons of drag cars route their charge piping to a water/air heat exchanger located inside the passenger compartment.

Lanter pretty much hit the nail on the head. At first I thought it was an intercooler, however there were no turbos. It's a great way to cool down the air coming into the car though. I wish I could have talked to the owner, I would like to know just how much spray he was using :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Part of me would love to make a modern day version of the Shelby Cobra and drop a small block in a miata. The other part of me remembers the 3 hrs I spent cursing at the one I put an alarm in that I would never touch another.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Part of me would love to make a modern day version of the Shelby Cobra and drop a small block in a miata. The other part of me remembers the 3 hrs I spent cursing at the one I put an alarm in that I would never touch another.

There were a couple Factory Five cobras out there but I didn't snap any pics. Are they that hard to work on? Or is the Monster Miata the problem? lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The one alarms I installed the space everywhere in the car was just not made for an average sized adult. To get both hands above my head, under the dash(the normal alarm install location) meant I had to have the tool in my hand, connector in the other, a light in my mouth and know the wire colors to slide in to have use of my hands over my head. Every wire required this and a normal alarm has 12-15 wires to connect.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can attest to what Scott is saying. Miatas are one of the cars that give you a bad head rush cause easiest way to do it is literally being upside down wi h your feet straight up in the air lying on your back with your head under the dash. When you soldering you will get burnt, guaranteed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online