SN95 Intercooled Vortech?

Magic

Reaction score
I dont think there is a kit utilizing the stock throttle body location on the SN95s....unless you swap over to a foxbody style throttle body setup.........

I would rather install a meth/water injection kit instead......

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
you can do it, i have a vortech sq trim and am getting a paxton front mount and vortech mini race installed right now as we speak...i have tons of pics of my blower setup but none of the intercooler yet, this is the only one lol:

frontmount.jpg

yeah.jpg

Magic

Reaction score
^^^^^ oh of course it can be done on the 4.6 cars, without a doubt....

but I looked at his sig and its a 5L Sn95.....not much room in between the discharge and the throttle body.......

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
woops sorry didnt even realize we were dealing with the 5.0 here. Come to think of it your right i can't remember if ive ever seen an intercooled vortech on a 5.0

OP
OP

94silverbullet

Reaction score
i have one. i just wanted to see some other pics of some and the way they were routed.

i tried to post mine, but keep getting an error of the size or something. can i send them to someone to resize or post?

Magic

Reaction score
94silverbullet said:
i have one. i just wanted to see some other pics of some and the way they were routed.

i tried to post mine, but keep getting an error of the size or something. can i send them to someone to resize or post?

if thats the case, then by all means try and get them pics posted....

use photobucket or some other free online album and then host it from there..........

Magic

Reaction score
94silverbullet said:

Well there you go! Convert to a Foxbody throttle body setup as I mentioned before and something can be done....
Now imagine if the elbow-throttle body setup was in place........

Looks good tho 94silverbullet!

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Your gonna make more power with a meth kit compared to a Air to Air intercooler on a Vortech for a 94/95.

Reason being is if you wanna do a custom intercooler setup on a Vortech the air is gonna have to travel so far that by the time it gets all the way back to the TB it will not be as cool as you think.

The methanol is gonna be your best bet.

OP
OP

94silverbullet

Reaction score
LAFENATU said:
Your gonna make more power with a meth kit compared to a Air to Air intercooler on a Vortech for a 94/95.

Reason being is if you wanna do a custom intercooler setup on a Vortech the air is gonna have to travel so far that by the time it gets all the way back to the TB it will not be as cool as you think.

The methanol is gonna be your best bet.

but isn't it a pain having to keep refilling? how often do you have to refill, and couldn't there be a problem if you run out?

Magic

Reaction score
94silverbullet said:
but isn't it a pain having to keep refilling? how often do you have to refill, and couldn't there be a problem if you run out?

depends on how often you drive the car and get into boost. if you dont drive it much or dont get into boost often , it lasts a long while...and its wayyy cheaper than nitrous fill ups....very inexpensive to fill up....

LAFENATU

Reaction score
All you need to use is windshield wiper fluid made to with stand - 20 degrees.

That has enough methanol in it for the kit and it is what $2.00 for a gallon.

I myself think the Anderson Ford Motorsport is just as good as the snow and cost half the amount. Rick Anderson knows his shit. I never second guess him.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/mr-freeze.html

OP
OP

94silverbullet

Reaction score
can i add that to my setup? how much hp is the snow kit good for?

i don't want to push the stock block too far though....

Magic

Reaction score
94silverbullet said:

You can add it to your setup.

A buddy of mine has a R-302 block based 331 in his 94GT ragtop....with a Vortech S-trim, no intercooler tho.
Without the Snow kit....he made something like 575rwhp, then with the snow kit on he made 611 rwhp. On pump gas Sunoco 94.

So it does work!
Even on your intercooled setup, it will further benefit!

OP
OP

94silverbullet

Reaction score
Magic said:
94silverbullet said:

You can add it to your setup.

A buddy of mine has a R-302 block based 331 in his 94GT ragtop....with a Vortech S-trim, no intercooler tho.
Without the Snow kit....he made something like 575rwhp, then with the snow kit on he made 611 rwhp. On pump gas Sunoco 94.

So it does work!
Even on your intercooled setup, it will further benefit!

R302=stock block?

I'm running the stock block.

Magic

Reaction score
94silverbullet said:
R302=stock block?

I'm running the stock block.

No, the R-302 block is that block from Ford Racing....used to be that A4 block, then it was called the R-302 , now they have that BOSS block....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fl510

Members online