Sniper Tuning

Mystiq_Knyght

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about Sniper. I was able to purchase their system and it didn't look too bad, it does intimidate you at first because it's not like a lot of handhelds that you see where everything is in one device, it comes with a tuner box similar to a handheld but it uses LED's to let you know it's status in tuning so you do all your initial setup/fine tuning via PC then transfer to the box or you could use your laptop if you installed all the drivers/software onto it. I woulda tried my laptop but it died on me before my tuner came in (Dell FTW), so I installed the drivers and all onto my desktop and did it the long way. I won't go into too much detail but needless to say I had a problem with the box, called their tech support who, in my honest opinion, are rude as rude can be. I was only asking for some help being as nice as I could be because yelling/arguments don't get you anywhere. Sorry, I'm a marketing major so if you want to gain and keep customers, rudeness doesn't lure them in and word of mouth can spread faster than wildfire, but this is besides the point. In turn after all was said and done, they replaced my box (which is under 2 weeks old) and asked for a CC number "for preauthorization purposes in case the old box wasn't returned in time". Long story short, they never told me I was being charged for an overnight shipment, If they told me that from the beginning, I would of at least felt better that I knew what I'm being charged for.

I'm sorry if this is a post in regards to slamming a company about politeness and customer service, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, just giving a heads up about this firm to anyone that may run across the same problem I have.

Tuner software= decent, you may find a better product elsewhere for your liking.
Customer Service= start insulting yourself before you call so you don't feel so bad after they're through with you! :ass3: :aresehole:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i haven't seen anyone that really runs stuff from Sniper Tuning, and i also havent seen any tuning shops use their stuff...That is why i will us SCT because it has been tested and tested and is probably the most used handheld tuner and very popular among tuners.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with the SCT Pro Racer before the Sniper. SCT Just has a HUGE network and alot of knowledgable people nationwide who are more then willing to help you out.

OP
OP
M

Mystiq_Knyght

Reaction score
yeah, i'm thinking about that. I hear nothing but good stuff about SCT, I just need to sell the sniper stuff, I just wish I never bought it but I guess it's a lesson learned the hard and expensive way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online