Some questions

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Hey folks ill try my hardest to keep this short as i can just need some info. I had a 95 boss, yes a boss. Only 103 factory built before larry shinoda died after the design in 94. I did my homework on the car before i bought it. I loved this thing it had some small differences from a factory gt but most were minor. Anywho, 3 yrs ago i rolled it it was of coarse totaled. I was going to rebuild it but time money and a new house has dictated otherwise. I said all that to get to this...
I find myself with the itch, a son who is interested in cars and the desire to work on them and make things better the same way i was when i was young. Soooo....ive found a 99 v6 5spd cheap, i want to do a swap. At first i wanted to do a termi swap, i got a line on an 03 motor complete with harnesses fuel system, everything i need for the swap. Thats great but would drain my funds for all the other stuff i want to do. My question is if i can find a 4v from a 99-01 cobra i assume id need the harness, fuel pump, what about trans? Im not on the up and up is the tranny the same? I know id need to change all the small stuff, clutch ecu, tcu(if they have one). Want to do full suspension as well. If you guys could give me some info on what i need to make it run. All the other stuff i can do in time. Main thing is the swap and then drive.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Not to knock down your idea, ...im all about the build! But youll be far ahead starting with a gt. All that you need including the 8.8 rear, harness, tranny, will be ready for your transplant. I will say though, their are alot of potential v6'ers out there in parts land. Blown engines or fender damages cars waiting to be molested. I get why you wanna do the v6.....just saying.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you already pick up the V6? If so, don't sweat it. And I would suggest boosting the V6 rather than doing an engine swap. Use that money instead for the rear end (which you should be able to get for fairly cheap). Boosting the V6 will be a fun project, somewhat unique, and will be plenty quick. You can use [MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION]'s build thread (here) as inspiration. His car is fantastic, and a great example of what can be done with the V6 platform.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Plus a stock 3.8 can hold about the same power as the 4.6. Figure $300 for an 8.8, then a cheap M112 and boost is an easy option.

Turbos are also a fairly easy option for the 6.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Plus a stock 3.8 can hold about the same power as the 4.6. Figure $300 for an 8.8, then a cheap M112 and boost is an easy option.

Turbos are also a fairly easy option for the 6.

Good God, how did I forget your build as well. It's late. I must be tired. OP - g36 monkey also has a V6 build for zee inspiration! Build thread here.

lutter94

Reaction score
A V6 trans will bolt up to a 302 pattern, not a 4.6 pattern. You would have to swap trans as well.

I have a 99 V6 T5 in my 94 GT

OP
OP
Nighttrain

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Ok guess that would make sense pushrod for pushrod. I havent picked the car up thank goodness. Im really not interested in dumping money in something im not going to be happy with. Ill just keep scouring cl till i find the right one. I brought it up for this exact reason. Even with a dirt cheap v6 car my moneys going to be flying out the window just to get it to a shadow of what i really want.....and thats at least a 1500hp termi car prowling the streets.

Reaction score
so uh...when should we be expecting pics and a build thread?...i dont have all the time in the world here bub...

*continues to check forums 95 times throughout the rest of the night*

OP
OP
Nighttrain

Nighttrain

Reaction score
so uh...when should we be expecting pics and a build thread?...i dont have all the time in the world here bub...

*continues to check forums 95 times throughout the rest of the night*
Rest of the night is right lol. Still have to make acquesition of new blank templet if you know what i mean. I cant let anything alone like most here. Im constantly changing something......also have to figure out how to post pics from my phone......damn technology

Reaction score
i think if you use tapatalk it makes life easier. ive only posted a picture once from my phone on to the site and it was hell... i always use the pc to post pics and such. but yeah i feel ya. termie project on the whey-aye!

ya know..

cause.. itll be all beefed up....

whey protein?...
no?...

:eek:kay2:

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The hello kitty bag on the rear floorboard is a nice touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online