Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoy

[video=youtube;3Nyr1Ao7iZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nyr1Ao7iZA[/video]

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome vid, my favorite part is 2:37 when the guy starts to sort of cry. Lulz.

Also, two words: Perfect Girl. Seriously. There she is.

The only thing that bummed me out about the new Mustang is that they have that amplifier thing that refines and alters the engine noise one hears in the cabin. It's terrible, IMO. It's like Ford is saying "hey, we know it's not a V8, but it's still a great engine. To help you cope better, we will make it sound a little more like a V8 for you." Don't do that, Ford. Let the engine be what it is. If it's not got the rumble one wants, then they can get an exhaust for the car. I think it's a little deceitful, and a target for ridicule.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand a number of companies are starting to do similar though

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand a number of companies are starting to do similar though

Super lame. I'm trying to think of an anecdote that describes the lameness. Hmm. Ah-ha! Using amplified sound for the engine noise in the cabin is like using one of those eBay electric superchargers. It's all fun until you realize it's not real. Then :(.

It's like the manufacture's are saying "here's what your engine would sound like if you had a different engine." Blah. I just don't dig it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, even my coyote has a "sound tube" that goes from the intake into the cabin so you can hear it. I think it's pretty lame.

But the new thing is being silent outside, but people still want to feel "powerful" inside. It's a whole weird sort of situation, but I'm with you. I don't love it, but I understand it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online