Squeak From Cowl Vent Grille

97JF

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time posting here, just got a small problem I need help with, I bought myself a 97 Mustang GT today, but i've noticed when doing higher speeds, say on a motorway, there is an annoying squeaking noise appears, it's not there at low speeds around town etc, at first I thought it was around the dash area inside the car, but the guy I got it from said that it's in fact coming from the cowl vent grille on the outside as he noticed it did the noise once when he was cleaning it, i've had a poke around and I can't really get it to do the noise or isolate where it's coming from, i'm assuming it is the driver's side but not 100%, the panel itself is not exactly that tight, it's a little flimsy when you press it etc, anyone heard of this problem before and any ideas on a solution? I was going to take the panel off and refit it in the hope it may cure it but i'm not sure how it comes off? Any ideas? This is the panel i'm on about, the black bit, are there any diagrams or instructions anywhere on how it comes off because I don't want to crack it? Or is there anything I can do without having to take it off? I've got a 71 Mustang too so i'm use to squeaks and rattles but i'd like to get this one sorted seeing as it's a fairly new car, Thanks for any help

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online