Reaction score
Steeda.com

This news is almost a day old.
Pretty sweet!

2015+Steeda+Mustang+police+1-3.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not liked the mustang style straight out of the box since the 94 model came out until this year and the limited edition versions are just 4x as bad....

Austinx56

Reaction score
if i saw a police stang i would feel sad for it because i know its being treated like a rental car but worse! lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if i saw a police stang i would feel sad for it because i know its being treated like a rental car but worse! lol

At least they get to drive hard and fast daily with no fear of a ticket.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Buy for me? K thanks :)

At least the officers here in Louisville metro have the Taurus enforcers. They look like a stripped down Taurus cop car but they run the sho drivetrain.

Most officers I've talked to love how they drive and handle.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea those are sweet. Most in this area get shafted with an Impala. But they are steadily progressing to the Explorer!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Our department scrapped the idea of the Taurus after getting like 3. We've replaced about 60% of our crown vics so far with the new Caprice which has double the room as the Taurus. I think we have 1 late-model mustang in all of San Diego County that acts a police car and I'm pretty sure it's part of the traffic division.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Our department scrapped the idea of the Taurus after getting like 3. We've replaced about 60% of our crown vics so far with the new Caprice which has double the room as the Taurus. I think we have 1 late-model mustang in all of San Diego County that acts a police car and I'm pretty sure it's part of the traffic division.

How much room do you really need in a cop car?!?

In most of the reviews the twin turbo awd Taurus cop cars beat out the impala and chargers hands down. Taurus isn't really any smaller than either of the other two in overall space.

Louisville has a wide variety of different cars ranging from the Chargers to mustangs and the taurus's. They have several explorers and a few superduties as well. They had a few of the Chevys but they didn't keep them around long just because they didn't perform anywhere near the same.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How much room do you really need in a cop car?!? !

Alot more than you would imagine.

In most of the reviews the twin turbo awd Taurus cop cars beat out the impala and chargers hands down. Taurus isn't really any smaller than either of the other two in overall space. !

All our impalas are detective vehicles and we don't have chargers here so I can't really comment on those. & reviews by who? Car&Driver and Motortrend? lol

Louisville has a wide variety of different cars ranging from the Chargers to mustangs and the taurus's. They have several explorers and a few superduties as well. They had a few of the Chevys but they didn't keep them around long just because they didn't perform anywhere near the same.

I think the explorer's have been widely accepted Nationwide as a the go-to new police SUV. All other options are kind of preference. Again, what do you mean perform? The base Chevy may not be as fast as the SHO Taurus, but not all agencies can afford the SHO version, which is why they have 3 to choose from. The Chevy Caprice interceptor also has a 6.0L V8 available. Acceleration and speed are only a small portion of what makes a great police car. There's a reason the crown vics were such amazing cars for years. They were an all around amazing car. Reliable and durable, decently quick, had plenty of room for the officer and car equipment.

I think the Steeda mustang listed above is a very cool concept. Would turn heads everywhere and gearheads would appreciate it. But from a law enforcement standpoint, it's only cool as a .jpg file lol

Austinx56

Reaction score
you guys may hate me but i like the caprice, its fast, I rode with one of the training officers who has one. much nicer then the impala or crown vic, tahoes are nice for the room and they can get up and go

the interior is really nice, heres a pic i took, only thing is that the 2012 and 2013 have the gear shift on the floor and not the dash

they got some of the last crown vics and put the new stripes on them.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a new Taurus surprise me at a light a couple of years ago. Light turned green and he squeeled his tires and took off. He had a 1 car jump on me before I decided WTH and went after him and once I got it in the right rpms I was able to pull on him and at the next light when we were both ready I was only a little faster. I wasn't going to brag about it as it wasn't a sho.....

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Most of the one around here are in Chargers now. A few still have the old Caprice and Crown Vics. An hr south the Sheriffs dept. have a Z06. And a couple hours away in the Charlotte area they have a Terminator and a 350Z. There are also a few other undercover vehicles like F-150's, Silverado's, and even a Mini van.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The AWD Taurus is loved here in rural ky. Im thinking they are just base model n/a engines too. Around here quickness isnt needed, but the cops have stated numerous times how the AWD go anywhere. They help out stranded snow stuck motorist were as the rwd vics could not. They praise the awd taurus.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
96gt3vswap

Members online