Strut bar help

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
hey guys got a strut bar and need to know if it's suppossed to be a direct fit or if i'm suppossed to drill some holes??

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, I was just talking with MM about a different strut tower bar for my car - this morning.

Factory equiped cars come with a hole and bolt clip in place.
You'll need to drill, and bolt it in. You've got it sitting right.

Good luck.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Unfortunatley you will have to drill, but it will be well worth it !!!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Did any GT's come with a strut bar brace???? I bought mine used and it came with one but everything else is stock.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mine did!

Hey silversol, I'd suggest that you mark and center-punch before you drill, and they should be right on.
the drill likes to wander whey you're on a convex surface or if you can't get straight on.

you could also touch up the bare metal around/in the hole with some primer and a q-tip if you wanna protect it from rust.

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
i believe 96,97s were the only ones with factory strut braces

Wickedz

Reaction score
all gravy BUT theres no where on the back part of it to bolt down on the firewall area.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Yea, youll have to drill there too... i know my 97 came with a brace... bout to repaint it here shortly...

LI98GT

Reaction score
So yeah as everyone said, they came stock on 96 and 97s, but did away with them from that point on out. Looks like a Ford 96/97 STB that you picked up - is it? I put my own STB in also and it was fairly easy, so you shouldn't have any problems. I put a jack under the k member to raise the car, leaving the wheels to hang and gained access behind the wheels in order to put the nuts on the bolts. The Steeda version I used. I was able to tie it into the rear of the engine bay by going through the wall. From what I remember in seeing 96/97s in person was that the bolts went vertical in direction through that folded metal piece that is under the stb.

Maybe someone can post a stock 96/97 engine bay for you or maybe you don't really care (trying to help)?

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
LI98GT said:
So yeah as everyone said, they came stock on 96 and 97s, but did away with them from that point on out. Looks like a Ford 96/97 STB that you picked up - is it? I put my own STB in also and it was fairly easy, so you shouldn't have any problems. I put a jack under the k member to raise the car, leaving the wheels to hang and gained access behind the wheels in order to put the nuts on the bolts. The Steeda version I used. I was able to tie it into the rear of the engine bay by going through the wall. From what I remember in seeing 96/97s in person was that the bolts went vertical in direction through that folded metal piece that is under the stb.

Maybe someone can post a stock 96/97 engine bay for you or maybe you don't really care (trying to help)?

thanks for the help buddy. pretty much figured that this was how to install it but wanted to make sure. again, thanks for the input.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Here is mine in case you were wondering..... (i couldn't tell if you wanted a picture or not from the above post)

IMG_0618.jpg

S

scarface

I have my strut bar out of my car because it wont fit any more. I can take any pic you need of the engine bay and the holes...just let me know.

white98gt

Reaction score
yup, do some drillin. buddy of mine had a 95 gt with a factory strut bar. i like em'. i might get one myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online