Supercharger compression ratio

tvsn95

Reaction score
May hold true with the 351 but not a coyote swap especially a gen 1.
I don't think anybody is going to argue that the Coyote swap is not better, BUT in order to run it you will be upgrading to a WAY better ECU and wiring. they really fill up the engine bay.
they are also more $$ all the way around.
if these guys have the $$ and expertise to do the swap and tuning,,, then Yeah.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I would definitely argue that the coyote swap is better. It can be done relatively cheap if you are handy.

However, it’s a lot easier to do it if you start with a 4.6 car.

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
96blak54 is correct about the stock blocks also. Use a Dart or Ford Boss 5.0 block, and use 1/2” ARP head studs with a cometic gasket.
Well I'm a long way off from getting the supercharger as it's a 6 grand kit alone but yes I do plan on using ARP bolts and studs for everything in the engine. As of right now I'm thinking I might buy the Boss block and build that and put it in once I have a second car because once the supercharger goes on I'm not going to want to daily it anymore.

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
You SHOULD be no more than 9:1. thats a lot of boost for the combo you are thinking about. you WILL need way more fuel system. 60lb are fine up to 750hp but you should probably start with 80Lb,,,Don't buy junk get Siemens the real one's made in America ( Power adder solutions ) Tell Chris what you want, He's a national dist .
You will need Big fuel rails and a remote regulator. You will need -8 supply and -6 return, you will need BIG pump/pumps. ( Hotrod hoses) DON"T BUY EBAY HOSES, if it is not teflon inside don't use it you will regret. I run 2 external 255's. have installed a 400l intank on the last turbo car and the jury is still out on that one. The Areomotive 340 WILL run out at the top. you can get buy fine with the stock throttle body on a forced induction and its a bit easier to tune, might as well save the $$.
Not really worried about being easier to tune as I'm possibly going to get an aftermarket ECU and it'll become the weekend/drag strip car. I'm looking at buying 1000cc injectors which should do the job

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
I would definitely argue that the coyote swap is better. It can be done relatively cheap if you are handy.

However, it’s a lot easier to do it if you start with a 4.6 car.
If I was going to do a motor swap I'd just buy a brand new crate motor from LMR or American muscle and build that with a Whipple supercharger on her but that project is being saved for something else

95opal

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to argue that the Coyote swap is not better, BUT in order to run it you will be upgrading to a WAY better ECU and wiring. they really fill up the engine bay.
they are also more $$ all the way around.
if these guys have the $$ and expertise to do the swap and tuning,,, then Yeah.
Nope didn't come to argue which is a better overall platform. Thats not what the OP was looking for. He justs wants 600hp out of his 8.2 deck. Something thats been done for decades. My point on the coyote was made as in its not cheap to get 600 out of a yote compared to a pushrod especially when your already set up for it. Everyone forgets its not just the motor you need to worry about and it all costs $$$$.

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
Nope didn't come to argue which is a better overall platform. Thats not what the OP was looking for. He justs wants 600hp out of his 8.2 deck. Something thats been done for decades. My point on the coyote was made as in its not cheap to get 600 out of a yote compared to a pushrod especially when your already set up for it. Everyone forgets its not just the motor you need to worry about and it all costs $$$$.
Won't be engine swapping for this build, if need be I'll put in a different block that can handle the power better

95opal

Reaction score
Won't be engine swapping for this build, if need be I'll put in a different block that can handle the power better
Thats what i was getting at. Everyone freaks about a $2000 block lmao. Nobody said hp was cheap

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
Thats what i was getting at. Everyone freaks about a $2000 block lmao. Nobody said hp was cheap
Definitely not cheap at all but I'm young, single and stupid so I'm gonna go all out while I can and and just have fun. I'd rather wait a little longer and build it properly and actually be able to enjoy it instead of being scared that I'm gonna send a rod through the block all the time. I'll probably go full bolt ons for a while and I gotta do some research but hopefully the dimensions are the same on the Ford Performance Boss 302 that LMR has and then I can just move everything over to that engine block after the forged internals are put in, if not well then I'll just build that block and once the original 27 almost 28 year old engine comes out it can get built or sold

tvsn95

Reaction score
Tomorrow as you read this I will be starting up a brand new 347 w/ all scat H beam internals and custom 8.5 CP pistons. built on a 96 explorer block and heads and a B303 cam. ( not the best but ??) it's a single on 3 turbo w/ a small turbo. if it does not run out of air I suspect it to make 800hp.
As long as I tune safe it should be OK.
My personnel daily driver is detuned to be safe at around 690-700 hp. its made 765 on pump 93. so yeah its not so hard.
I once did a stroked 4.6 on a 2004 that was Procharged and made 420 rwhp. I was not impressed. But?????

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
You do know that there is a difference between a supercharger , pro charger , turbo
every time i hear someone running a supercharger it looks like a turbo or pro charger to me

tvsn95

Reaction score
You do know that there is a difference between a supercharger , pro charger , turbo
every time i hear someone running a supercharger it looks like a turbo or pro charger to me
I guess i don't know what you are talking about, Yeah there is a diff,,,do you not know the diff?
I do.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
TRUE
its just me ,people tell me they are running a supercharger when i look under the hood i see a turbo
im looking for a roots type blower , im justs used to the wording that fits the description

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Forced induction is cool and all. Kinda of expensive. Researching the money spent for a different engine platform might reveal a better option.

Them gen3 coyotes are really pumping out power. The trailer queen coyote stock drag racers are running consistent :098 quarters now. Some have pulled :096 all while at the class rules set min weight. Which i do believe is a little over 3000lb. A street mustang set up really good for straight line performance wouldnt have any problems producing 10sec quarter mile times.

Just an idea

tvsn95

Reaction score
TRUE
its just me ,people tell me they are running a supercharger when i look under the hood i see a turbo
im looking for a roots type blower , im justs used to the wording that fits the description
I wont disagree, the current "Procharger" wording that is used is ok and takes some confusion out of conversations. Heck half the folks don't know it's a centrifugal compressor LOL

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i went with a Kenny bell for the easy assembly and i still have room under the hood to work on the engine
i look at some of these kits, my god its a dam jig saw puzzle, it looks like there is no room for anything, and all the modifications
to me looks like a lot can go wrong

OP
OP
Jayjayducky2001

Jayjayducky2001

Reaction score
i went with a Kenny bell for the easy assembly and i still have room under the hood to work on the engine
i look at some of these kits, my god its a dam jig saw puzzle, it looks like there is no room for anything, and all the modifications
to me looks like a lot can go wrong
I was going to go with a Kennebell supercharger but all the ones I can find for my year are used and I'd prefer something brand new so procharger kit it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online