Surging Idle

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Noto, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Noto

Noto New Member

I have a strange idle issue that I cant seem to find someone else having. My car starts and idles fine for around 2-3 minutes. Then it will start to surge and want to stall. Suddenly the cel comes on and it clears up and idles at 850 fairly smoothly. Also on warmed up restarts it will surge for a minute or so then throws a cel and idles normal. What could this be? Could it be my egr delete?

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

welcome to the forum. I assume its on the car listed in your sig? Reading through all the mods, have you had a tune done on it?

3. CC'S95GT

CC'S95GT Legend

Have you pulled codes to make sure it's not something other than your EGR delete? You can DIY with a paperclip.

And as stated above. Is it dyno tuned?

4. Noto

Noto New Member

I havent had it tuned yet. I have an sct on the way from am. I pulled codes and got 116, 23, and 27. I replaced ect and 116 went away. tested tps with engine off. Had .92 closed and had a smooth voltage transition to 4.92 when working the throttle. Smoke tested for vac leaks and the only small one I had was from the throttle body itself in the shaft. Im still stumped but having fun with it

5. Addermk2

Addermk2 Well-Known Member

It's too bad that you wasted your money on one of their terrible tunes. When you're ready to get something better on that chip, LMK. I fix the American Muscle "Bama Tunes" pretty much every week.

Usually.

6. Noto

Noto New Member

7. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Check your O2 sensors

8. NXcoupe

NXcoupe Well-Known Member

That's the first thought that crossed my mind was O2 issue and since you have long tubes, that's the issue for sure. I would have whoever tunes it turn off the 02 sensors since they just get confused with the longtubes.

9. Noto

Noto New Member

02 sensor spots are plugged with faux type plugs. Came like that. No wires running to them