to paint or not to paint? that is my question!

Mntlkase

Reaction score
so here's a before pic of my worst rim about a week after I bought my car.
Photo1002.jpg

and here is a pic I took about 20 Minutes ago after spending an hour on each rim with a can of Never-dull and some Mothers rim polish.
Photo0998.jpg

I cleaned them up to see how bad they really look. LMAO. Now I'm not a big fan of blingy SH*T, but I do kind of like the way they look now that they're cleaned up. I'm still considering painting them flat black. I think it will look better on the dark green of my car. Opinions? Suggestions? Oh, and don't mind the missing lug nut, the stud is broke, I'm going this coming weekend to pik up another and replace it. lol

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that came out great!!! Now polish the inside of the wheels!!!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Flat black will make them look really cheap. Spend some time and elbow grease and fully polish them.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
keep them polished!!!

looks waaaay better than flat black (Agree with Duh09)

Metal RX is an awesome metal polish, or Flitz.

dklimek

Reaction score
Is your car black? Before I got a stupid deal on my saleens, I was going to paint them bronze...it's a VERY different color and after seeing my buddies bike it would flow very good! Neither cobra r's or the saleens have the offset or face of the wheel to pull of black without disappearing into the wheel well IMHO.

n329400340_369976_5914037.jpg

n329400340_369975_36011.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mntlkase

Reaction score
Na not black, my car is dark green. Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, I think ima go to a detail\car wash, and let them keep my car for a day, to completely do all my rims. I dont have a orbital buffer thingy, or really know how to do that shit. I was kinda learning as I went when I did them today to get em to that point. Lol

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get some flitz and a flitz ball that hooks on your regular drill. I like mine a lot.

OP
OP
M

Mntlkase

Reaction score
I never even heard of flitz. Where can u get it? Any parts store?

muddyman184

Reaction score
If you were to paint them I'd go matte or gloss black but they look saveable so just polish them up real good

OP
OP
M

Mntlkase

Reaction score
ite. Ima buy this flitz stuff from summit, and make a attempt at saving these rims. I'll see what happens.

G

GREG@SN95

Mntlkase said:
ite. Ima buy this flitz stuff from summit, and make a attempt at saving these rims. I'll see what happens.

You'll poop your pants

Sinned83

Reaction score
To each his own but I dont think the bronze would look to good on our cars. IMO it doesn't look good on that bike.

OP
OP
M

Mntlkase

Reaction score
djk83 said:
To each his own but I dont think the bronze would look to good on our cars. IMO it doesn't look good on that bike.
I agree. I think I'll leave the odd colored rims to the imports. There is a guy local to me with a Blue Honda civic, that has PURPLE rims on the front and PINK rims on the back. I don't bash him though. He runs 12's at the track. Car is actually pretty quick.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online