traction!!

brad94GT

Reaction score
whats the best and some what cheap setup for good traction at the track? subframe connectors? upper and lower control arms? anti roll bar? k-member? some kind of support for the rear end? front or rear sway bars?

OP
OP
B

brad94GT

Reaction score
ive been to the track hella times just not even ran it im waiting for winter t be over i just got this car

ReplicaR

Reaction score
We're gonna need more info. What does your car do? What is the current setup? Otherwise not one person here will be able to recommend anything.

OP
OP
B

brad94GT

Reaction score
i have tfs 1 cam, cold air,short throw, soon 3.90s i have 275s on the rear. i have no traction at all on launches

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Strange 10ways for your shocks and struts. Drag springs if you dont mind the stock height, and some control arms should help. Just do the lowers. And practice. Since i see you have a manual you probibly arent launching right. What are you currently launching at?

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Your probibly just dumping your clutch like my friend. You need to work more on your launches, but those mods would help out.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
on street tires id imagine 3-4k launch with control arms. lessened chance of wheels hop and stock gear until you get steeper gears and more practice getting the bite you want. subframes firm the chassis of less flex and twisting adding to the traction. Lower control arms, subframes, and practicing is a hell of a start and possible a few tenths off the e.t

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Subframes, LCA, and Drag Radials are common mods for better traction. Comes down to how good you want to hook and how much you want to spend.

Strange 10 ways as said by drop top are a great addition, I'm getting a set myself.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
Your probibly just dumping your clutch like my friend. You need to work more on your launches, but those mods would help out.

haha it's funny to watch people "launch" there cars like that, most of them just bog.

The way i think of it is that if you spin, it's worthless and you might as well have started off like u were leaving a stop sign, not getting on it, and you would've gone farther, faster haha

GDawg

Reaction score
That's a funny question. When I was stock, I would spin out all the time. Then I bought Goodyear Eagle F1 DS-G3 tires and stuck like you wouldn't believe. Now I have a Kenne Bell SuperCharger and the F1s might as well be bald... now I need different tires and LCAs. Lowering springs don't always help either.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
Subframes, LCA, and Drag Radials are common mods for better traction. Comes down to how good you want to hook and how much you want to spend.

Strange 10 ways as said by drop top are a great addition, I'm getting a set myself.
It seems everyone loves the 10ways. I have 90/10's going on my front and will probibly do the strange on the back.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
Venom351R said:
Subframes, LCA, and Drag Radials are common mods for better traction. Comes down to how good you want to hook and how much you want to spend.Strange 10 ways as said by drop top are a great addition, I'm getting a set myself.
It seems everyone loves the 10ways. I have 90/10's going on my front and will probibly do the strange on the back.
I thought of doing that as well for the front. Does it matter much between the lakewood 90/10's up front or the Strage? I also want to do coil overs.

stampede3

Reaction score
Best mod= seat time.
Next best mod= Tires.
After that= suspension