Two Different Questions

New 5.0

Reaction score
Ok, I have Two Questions Maybe someone can answer

First: My car is making a Clacking Sound. The noise is coming from the engine bay. Once my car has warmed up and the faster i accelerate the louder it gets. My question is has any one ever had this problem?

Second: There is a winding noise coming from the rear end of the car. Could this be coming from the differentials and if so any ideas on what it might be?

916_5.0

Reaction score
Well for your first question i would say it sounds like your car is pinging, and the second one, im not to sure someting with the gears i would guess.

Downshift

Reaction score
Is the clacking noise all the time no matter how hard the pedal is down? If so I would doubt its pinging. Sounds to me like an exhaust leak. Pop your hood and rev up the engine some using the throttle cable and see if you can hear it better. Sounds like you might want to check the rear end out give you a good excuse to get some new fluids in it.

ripper

Reaction score
A ping sounds like a marble bouncing around in your engine. A clacking sounds like somthing more serious. Lifters maybe. Have you had new gears put in recently? If the backlash isnt right it will whine.

ripper

Reaction score
Try to take a video of the clacking and let Ryclef listen to it. He will know what it is.

OP
OP
N

New 5.0

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Is the clacking noise all the time no matter how hard the pedal is down? If so I would doubt its pinging. Sounds to me like an exhaust leak. Pop your hood and rev up the engine some using the throttle cable and see if you can hear it better. Sounds like you might want to check the rear end out give you a good excuse to get some new fluids in it.

No its not all the time only when i floor it or when im at low rpms

Downshift

Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure. New fuel filter. Adjust the timing. Run some injector cleaner in your car. I like the berrymans B12 and the Lucas stuff the best. See if putting that and premium gas in stops the noise. If it does you know it was probably pinging. Those are some starting points for you.

ripper

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Check the fuel pressure. New fuel filter. Adjust the timing. Run some injector cleaner in your car. I like the berrymans B12 and the Lucas stuff the best. See if putting that and premium gas in stops the noise. If it does you know it was probably pinging. Those are some starting points for you.

:boink:

OP
OP
N

New 5.0

Reaction score
5.0wned said:

Thanks for the info. I will try all of the above this weekend and let you know if it helped any.

M

musclemustang94

If the weather is hot i gotta run premium in mine with 10 degrees of timing. Otherwise it pings. I dont in cold weather though. It may be the hot weather, run premium in it anyway. Its better for your motor since it burns a little slower and not as violent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online