Urgent! Need color order for alternator harness

dwcopple

Reaction score
What is the order from front of the car to rear. One is yellow and one is two tone. Which is which. Please go look for me!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The yellow (or rather yellow/white usually) is the hot at all times (HAAT) wire.

The 'two-tone' you refer to is probably the light-green/red wire that is hot when key is on. That's the monitor circuit that flashes your battery icon light in the cluster when either voltage is too low or too high. In most cars it's not only a monitor function but also a control function.

Here's something for reference: https://j2fabrication.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Alternator-pin-outs.pdf

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
With voltmeter, I have it wired properly I hope. My 12V is yellow always hot. I used an aftermarket pigtail that is all black. I need to know order. I bought a new alternator from LMR and have had a totally dead battery 2x this week. If I wired them opposite, would I know? It could be a faulty alternator, a bad battery, or a parasitic draw. I hunted down and removed an old alarm system I found on the car today. We'll see what happens. I'd still like someone to check the order on their connection visually to confirm for me.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
I have 6G. But, I just need someone to go pop their hood and snap a pic

07GtS197

Reaction score
5F6E94FC-128E-4FFF-AD7F-E60E35227C26.jpeg

This is from my old 02 gt. The pin on the left is the yellow and white wire and green on the right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican