Valve cover woes

riored4v

Reaction score
Was working on putting things together over the weekend and found out that my factory valve covers won't clear my new stud mounted rockers arms (sucks since I had already cleaned them and painted them).

So i've been searching for a good solution. Seems like the best solutions are 93 fox style covers or the Trick Flow covers. Find the fox ones hasn't been easy plus i've read mixed results with still having to clearance them to fit. So now I'm leaning towards the Trick Flow covers.

Does anyone have any issues with these not having a baffle? I'd be getting the filler neck to go with them.

Any other suggestions besides the Trick Flow covers?

I don't mind having to use an intake spacer, but I don't have a cowl hood and I don't want to buy a new hood just yet. I do have a 96 cobra style on the hood though.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
In the fox covers, you have to grind the baffles out of the passenger side cover. The other one fits without issue. You could always obtain two drive side covers and bore a hole for the oil cap.

Im actually doing this swap this week and have stud mount rocker arms with large poly locks. Here is good thread to read on the subject:

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...t-SN95s-with-roller-rockers-The-ANSWER-inside!

7A9D4358-6367-4B43-94C5-D4B546D1880E_zpsyvylxojc.jpg

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread. Still seems to have some conflicting info but still touches on how the point of 93 covers being one of the better factory replacements. Thread on Corral mentions/shows how the 93 don't have the vertical ridges on the inside and require less grinding. Might still go the route of these if I can't find a better alternative. Also makes me wonder if there would be issues not running the baffle on the fox style covers.

The mention of using 94 F150 covers was interesting though. I haven't seen that suggestion before.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a polished stamped set of tall valve covers I could sell for cheap, but you would also need a 3/8" spacer to clear them. I have that as well if you want, all you would need then is the longer bolts.

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
I have a polished stamped set of tall valve covers I could sell for cheap, but you would also need a 3/8" spacer to clear them. I have that as well if you want, all you would need then is the longer bolts.

I installed a set of ARP studs to use for the VC's. Would those work with the tall versions? Will those clear the alternator too? Lastly, would there be any other issues with a CAI by using the spacer? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have hood clearance issues with only a 3/8" spacer.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the strut tower brace might not fit, hood would and it clears the alt and no problem with studs

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
the strut tower brace might not fit, hood would and it clears the alt and no problem with studs

No worries about a STB since I'm not running one. Did a quick browse through the classified and didn't see them listed. Could you send me a couple pics of them?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they are not on the classifieds. It was one of those parts I took off and put to the side when I made some changes. Didn't need the money then but now I am saving up for some brakes and could use it. They are dirty and the lighting was horrible in the garage but a quick polish they would shine nicely. I have the gaskets for the spacer(gt40/cobra intake) as well as I said all you would need is longer bolts.
IMG_20160411_135021923.jpg

$40 plus shipping sound fair?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online