valve covers/spacer

Suspect

Reaction score
so my heads came and im looking at parts i wanna add while its apart. anyone have these.. know how tall they are?

(ford racing valve covers)
http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/...Product_Code=M6582L302&Category_Code=50ENGINE

was just going to have some stock fox ones powder coated, but i really like these. im just wanting to know how tall of a spacer would i need to run them? think a 1" would clear it or can i get away with a shorter one? im pretty sure my hood can clear. i hope.

Brian95GT

Reaction score
When I was pulling my hair out trying to get a nice pair of valve covers on the car, I tried those but the chrome kind. They are TALL. I think 3 3/4? I have a 1/2 inch spacer on the car now and I had to remover a little square in the hood blanket where the intake was rubbing. I then moved to poly motor mounts with the new engine and they raised the motor another 1/2" I believe. The GT40 is damn close to the hood, and the hood blanket is gone. I have seen others on the corral where a one inch spacer and specific intakes will not clear the stock hood.

This is my setup:

3658.jpg

Covers from what you can see and height of engine:

3660.jpg

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
what pullies are you running ive ben looking for the idler pullies and the power steering one too....march has the under drives but i want all the extra ones too ;D

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
so im just gonna go with a 1" spacer then. my new hood should clear it.

i love that intake!!

those pulleys are prolly wazee pulleys. i wanna get some as well. theyre sweet. 8)

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Suspect said:
so im just gonna go with a 1" spacer then. my new hood should clear it.

i love that intake!!

those pulleys are prolly wazee pulleys. i wanna get some as well. theyre sweet. 8)

Correct on the pulleys. I contacted Wazee through the corral, gosh it has to be about 4 years now. He told me to bid on the ones that he constantly had on ebay. Try it out - and they are worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online