VAP Intake Spacer- EGR Tube Extension

robb15033

Reaction score
If you ever get a VAP intake spacer, great mod by the way, you know that you have to cut the EGR tube and then install a hose to connect it back together because of the raised upper intake. The rubber hose that's provided burns up on most people, I know mine did. I think I found a great option to use in a simular case. I saw flexable stainless steel braided tubing on MAC's website. I know that you can buy "extensions" if you plan ahead and take off the tube completely but if not, these might work just fine. Just a quick FYI for ya, I know it bugged the hell out of me trying to find a solution to a leaking egr tube.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I normally just weld in a piece to fix that problem

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Yeah? Take out the EGR tube completely, weld a piece in between, then re-install? That would be best for sure!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am pretty sure its holley that makes an adaptor that just screws onto the top of the EGR pipe, and then screws right into the EGR valve as normal. They come in 3/8", 1/2" and 1" depending on the spacers used I think they come with the systemax kit.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
That is awesome. The price could be a hundred bucks and worth it if you ever had to deal with that, thanks. I have my EGR deleted now because I had already cut the tube in the middle but I am going to contact him over at VAP and share the link. That is a big deal when you do this mod. It's one of the most noticeable mods I could feel when I did it. Thanks.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I sent the link over to Steve @ VAP. He always contacts me back quickly so I'll let you know what he thought. thanks-

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online