Trick flow valve covers

95Five0

Reaction score
I purchased some trick flow valve covers for my 95 Gt since lmr website said they will fit . They didn't clear my Intake . After calling lmr they were nice enough send me a 3/8 intake spacer and egr tube spacer since they knew they screwed up . The intake spacer works but the egr spacer will not work right. It seems like the egr spacer won't thread in enough to bottom out so the flaired end will not seat correctly ( if that makes sence ) has anyone used this spacer before and it actually worked ? Or am I better off cutting the egr tube and making it longer ?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't say that was really their fault. Yes they fit sn95 mustangs but it has been known for a while that they are too tall for the stock intake. Pretty sure the trickflow intake clears them but also be aware you will not be able to use your strut tower brace now.

as for the egr spacer it should just thread in if it is like the one I have. Pics or a model # might help

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
I didn't even think of the strut tower brace . Will an aftermarket one fit of I decided to go that route? It's only a 3/8 spacer. I will try and get some pics up

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the egr tube will stretch out a bit to fit
if not buy the size of tube at lows use the nuts at the ends
and a flair tool for the line

the egr you may have to shave the bottom off a bit

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
So I did shave the bottom of the egr a bit to get some clearance out of it before the threads . Still didn't help . I got it to fit a few times before and after shaving egr but would never seal on the flair. The spacer was really cheap aluminum and after tightening it a few times the threads are a little messed up. I may have to swap out the egr now since I shaved the bottom and bend and flair some copper. I'd love to get rid of the thing all together but I want any part throttle issues

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
I know it's been covered many times before with everyone having there own opinion. Some people say egr delete is fine and some say you'll have some part throttle issues / detenation without tuning egr function out of the system . I'm trying not to cause more issues all for a set of valve covers .

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
thats up to you
i have had no issues with it
and that engine has quite a few mods on it
and im not a light foot

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Did u cap all vacume hoses as well including all stuff if fender ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.